mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Thanks for the pic update. Looks like it's coming along.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hey so I have been really interested in trying my hand at anno as well, however I have been having trouble finding acid. I see you are in kitchener (im in Guelph) and was wondering where you have been sourcing it?

Thanks

I live in Canada but have a USA address as well
i-bunker-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
Tinkerer

I'm actually working with Sodium Bisulfate instead of battery acid which is safer to work with and kinder to the environment. My first attempts were pretty horrible because I was rushing to try things out and just threw things together to see what would happen.

I started with this article on anodizing without battery acid and have been modifying my kit over the past two weeks to give it a lot more control. You can look forward to updated photos this coming weekend once I have the aluminium wire worked into the rig.

If you're set on using battery acid, I would check Interstate Battery just off Victoria St (HWY 7) as you're coming into Kitchener from Guelph. I haven't checked myself and their web page is horrible but they seem to be the most likely source if you check with them.

Gear:
Permanent collection (no plans to trade or sell): DRV, mech Ion
Current playable markers (These all get played with but I'd be willing to trade or sell for the right offer): Springfed Automag, Empire Resurrection, Bob Long Vice, Ego 7, Inception Sniper, TiPX, X7 Phenom, SP-1, 3357
Traded or sold: DM10, Orracle, Black Magic, PGP, Empire Sniper, Kaos Pump, Diablo, PMR 7, 2012 Rail
Wish List: Gargoyle, Karni, Phantom, Ego 3.5, Shocker SFT, Duck, Karta Mag, Reptile VIS, Luxe, Nasty Typhoon, CCM MBP... the list just goes on and on...
ToyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #44 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Because I know there are a few people subscribed to this thread I figured it would be good to post an update.

I've been either trying to deal with the heat, vacationing with my family or playing paintball for the past few weeks so I haven't invested much time in this project.

I have been trying to add some more controls and an ammeter into my anodizing rig but the battery charger I'm using as a power supply has its own circuits that are trying to control the current. The best I've been able to do with my limited tinkering is to get a current running for about 5 seconds before the failsafes in the the power supply shut things down.

I've also been trying to make a tiki pump handle for one of my markers so my project time has been divided. There will be more updates to this thread in the future once I sort out power issues.
ToyBox is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions