mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

12 gram question

Hey guys, I plan on getting an MR5 soon as a cheap designated FS rifle and converting it to 12 grams. I've heard it gets 20-30 shots per cartridge and I want a few more shots than that so I was wondering, can you run 2 cartridges in series? I've worked with hpa mostly so I'm a bit stumped by liquid co2. I was hoping to run 2 12 gram changers to an inline Palmer's reg but my main questions are: will it actually give me twice the shots and will that cause any issues with the reg?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon214 View Post
Hey guys, I plan on getting an MR5 soon as a cheap designated FS rifle and converting it to 12 grams. I've heard it gets 20-30 shots per cartridge and I want a few more shots than that so I was wondering, can you run 2 cartridges in series? I've worked with hpa mostly so I'm a bit stumped by liquid co2. I was hoping to run 2 12 gram changers to an inline Palmer's reg but my main questions are: will it actually give me twice the shots and will that cause any issues with the reg?
its no different than replacing the 12 gram with a tank. wont cause any issues. It will double your shot count. It might even give you more shots as you are not venting the first before you consume the second. Mind you, if you do decide to dump them you will loose twice as much gas.

I don't think there is any physical way to run 12 grams in series. They would be in parallel unless you plan on punching a hole in the bottom of one
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Rap4 use to make a dual 12 gram adapter. You loaded 12 grams end to end and pierce both 12 grams at the same time. Unsure if they are still available today?

funsi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsi00 View Post
Rap4 use to make a dual 12 gram adapter. You loaded 12 grams end to end and pierce both 12 grams at the same time. Unsure if they are still available today?
Yes, they are. 12g Disposable CO2 Adapter

Was looking at this the other day actually. Wonder if it works well enough to justify the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys! I looked into the rap4 one before but iits cheaper to run two changers and I don't really need the increased speed

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions