mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
need ideas!

I dont know what thread i should put this in because its not a technical question or anything but anyways! Im hoping to start a project and build a really nice pump gun with my dad..and i need ideas. i have a pump now that i could salvage parts from like the ccm pump kit and so on! but im stuck on what body and stuff i should buy. i know..i know its a personal think and a body is a body but i want to see what your guys' views are..what would you do? what body would you look for? what parts would you put on it..I am on a budget so im not gonna be able ccm the crap out of it but i want to hear your guys' ideas and what you think would be cool and what you think would kind of stand out and not be just anther wgp prostock with a single trigger frame and a pump kit on it that you see everywhere...
JEREMIAH 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
pbkid37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

what about just finding someone to do some milling, maybe half block etc. Then ship it off to have it custom anno'd?
If the rest of our life is financially responsible, why not overspend on markers. If the rest of our life is a mess, it could be financially irresponsible to spend on markers.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Oksoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksoldier20 View Post
what about just finding someone to do some milling, maybe half block etc. Then ship it off to have it custom anno'd?
is that what you would do?
JEREMIAH 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

like Oksoldier20 said, just find a body that you like (for a pump its best that it is not drilled for eyes) and get it custom milled. you can get very creative with mid blocking and half blocking as well as a anno that stands out.
Dunnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
From the custom milling end of things with a little knowledge of the anno pricing...

Custom work costs money. If it gets really complex the price tag goes *WAY* up... Same idea with custom anno.

All that being said... Consider what you have for a budget. Make sure you have ideas in mind before contacting a machine shop/airsmith/anno artist. These ideas are the only way for one of these people to give you even a ballpark figure for the work you want done.

If it turns out that completely custom is too expensive (And it might just be) consider looking around for a production body you like and working from there.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
intermidate

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
From the custom milling end of things with a little knowledge of the anno pricing...

Custom work costs money. If it gets really complex the price tag goes *WAY* up... Same idea with custom anno.

All that being said... Consider what you have for a budget. Make sure you have ideas in mind before contacting a machine shop/airsmith/anno artist. These ideas are the only way for one of these people to give you even a ballpark figure for the work you want done.

If it turns out that completely custom is too expensive (And it might just be) consider looking around for a production body you like and working from there.

Ty
ok sounds good..im thinking i might just work with what i got haha. im gonna focus on how well it shoots first..idk..thanks for the ideas...they r greatly appreciated
Old 07-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Find some pieces that you really want on your marker and build around them. See what kind of tools you have to work with and any unique capabilities you may have. You will have to fill in the gaps with custom or stock parts.

Assemble, test, play test, repeat.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions