mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Side mounted force fed hopper using picatinny rails question

Hey all.

I'm trying to find a way to side mount my halo too using either 12 or 6 o'clock picatinny rails. Kind of hit a mental road block and could use some suggestions or links to threads if you have any. I've been trying to google this but I can't figure out how to word my searches better and most of the results have no pictures anymore!

Trying to keep this low budget so that's a major factor in how much I can spend doing this. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Also been trying to think of a way using a flashlight/laser mount. Possibly with 1" PVC serving as both part of the feed tube but also as something rigid for the mount to attach to.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Here is a crude drawing of what I was thinking. The "rail mount" would be an inexpensive picatinny flash light mount probably placed on the 6 o'clock rail at the front of the marker. The hose would connect directly to the loader neck and run through the inside of the "T" fitting out the other end.

If this works it would cost me ~$5 for the mount since I have the PVC and hose already and I wouldn't have to mod the Halo Too shell.

Please feel free to add some constructive criticism as this is just something I brain stormed sitting on the couch while the Mrs. watched Wife Swap . Even though it seems to me to be the "simplest" route I'm sure there's someone out there that has something even more streamlined!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by sobersteve323; 07-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
how about some sort of scope ring combined with a swivel mount?

a rail mount scope ring won't work for you, but one of the blank bottom types would. even a direct mount sould work with a litttle elbow grease.

I don't think the pvc would hold up too well.
dukie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Check out the "Warp" sound activated Halo mods. Might be a good starting point.

EDIT:

Example of one:
My Reloader B2 into Warpless Warpfeed

Last edited by Jaccen; 07-29-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
how about some sort of scope ring combined with a swivel mount?

a rail mount scope ring won't work for you, but one of the blank bottom types would. even a direct mount sould work with a litttle elbow grease.

I don't think the pvc would hold up too well.
The specific flashlight mounts I was looking at are offset so they actually hang off to the side of the rail vs the scope mounts I've seen so far, and cheaper!

I was thinking the same thing about the PVC but was hoping since the pieces I'd be using would be 1"-3" it shouldn't warp or bend too much. Granted I'd be using 3/4" since it's OD is something like 1.005".
Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
Check out the "Warp" sound activated Halo mods. Might be a good starting point.

EDIT:

Example of one:
My Reloader B2 into Warpless Warpfeed
Thanks for the link! It was actually one of the first ones I saw when I started Googling this for ideas. I was hoping to avoid mounting to the bottom of the grip frame so I can switch it from gun to gun (second one doesn't have a place to mount the ASA under the grip). Also I was trying to prevent modding the actual Halo Too even though I like the idea from that thread. Maybe if I ever find a dirt cheap shell I'll cut one up

I think I'm going to just throw the PVC and hose section together and see if I can even get the loader to feed before I buy a mount. I had one concern though maybe you guys can throw out a suggestion. Do you think the rail mount will hold the PVC tight enough to keep it from spinning/dumping the loader upside down? I was thinking if it's tightened enough it should be strong enough but I don't actually have the mount yet to test.

Thanks for the responses!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Could you epoxy the mount on the side of the halo? It would be tight fitting and more stable that way. This would work best with the modified halo too. I've got one that I've been working on off and on. I am using a grip frame mounted bracket for mine.

AM Sentinel and ION MAXD for sale
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ml#post3318647

Misc Sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...yder-more.html

wanted:
Parts: Left feed sterling body/whole gun spyder threads preferred.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
Could you epoxy the mount on the side of the halo? It would be tight fitting and more stable that way. This would work best with the modified halo too. I've got one that I've been working on off and on. I am using a grip frame mounted bracket for mine.
I may end up going this route if it doesn't seem stable enough to last even just a quick jog while full of paint.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a scope/flashlight mount that swivels? I don't think there would be since what would be the point of having a gun with the scope facing sideways, right? lol

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions