mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #101 (permalink)
Rec Poster

that's pretty. I should perhaps get around to ordering a UTB...
devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #102 (permalink)

The magnet for my trigger finally arrived, it fit perfectly, hopefully some red loctite will hold it in place (if you know something better please share). It really helps with the feel of the trigger.
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buwaro View Post
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.
mahonri85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #103 (permalink)
Rec Poster

metal screw? it will hold the magnet in pplace by... pa*dum*tsh... magnets! (as in you put a metal screw in the body and the magnet next to it)
devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #104 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonri85 View Post
The magnet for my trigger finally arrived, it fit perfectly, hopefully some red loctite will hold it in place (if you know something better please share). It really helps with the feel of the trigger.
If you take out that lid-thing that sits above the magnet hole in the frame and replace it with a similar one made out of any metal that is magnetic, the magnet will stick to it. If you then dab a drop of crazy-glue there moments before sliding the magnet in, it will most likely hold for a while.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #105 (permalink)

Crazy-ish idea, Carbine eBolt Project, "El Shmogen"

I did take out the "lid" and tapped the hole for a zinc set screw. I was wondering what would be best for the magnet in the triggers pocket, the loctite seems to be working quite well.
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:51 AM   #106 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonri85 View Post
I did take out the "lid" and tapped the hole for a zinc set screw. I was wondering what would be best for the magnet in the triggers pocket, the loctite seems to be working quite well.
I have never used loctite glue before, but I bet that anything from regular contact glue (freely translated from Swedish) or any slow setting epoxy or other two component glue will do. But you may want to glue the magnet outside of the frame, otherwise you may also glue the set screw to the frame and loose the fine tuning ability.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #107 (permalink)

I got a nice sexy, modern ASA for this project!!! I also ordered a T-Rail Drop forward from Nummech, but I am not sure I will use it, it may go on my eBolt-98 when I get a POPS for it.

If anyone has means and know how to mill a T-Slot into my grip, PM me with the cost. I would absolutely love to mount this direct to the frame.
My life is complete
Quote:

Last edited by mahonri85; 06-13-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #108 (permalink)
MilSim

Feather Weight Machining can do the job for you.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

Gearbag Sale
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #109 (permalink)
No class

I have never seen this project before. Nice work. You have really put a lot of time and effort into your project and it shows. I can't wait to see it finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #110 (permalink)

I am just waiting on the ram to be finished by y0da900 and it will up and running. Once I have it working, I'll tear it down and send it out for anno.
My life is complete
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions