mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just gonna get started with the build log here.

I drilled and tapped the VA to attach the LPR to it.

Of course, I will run a macroline to the inline reg, and from the VA to the a T fitting which will (maybe) have a volumizer attached to it.
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buwaro View Post
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.

Last edited by mahonri85; 02-04-2014 at 01:01 AM.
mahonri85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Try a ram like this - by far the easiest way I have come up with to do one. Avoids having to cut internal o-ring grooves. MacDev has a similar o-ring arrangement in their Cyborgs. I've used it in a ram for a poppet (in a 98 at that) and the front most o-ring on a spool.

A single 3/8" drilled and reamed hole for the bore, a 'G' size hole for the ram to pass through (17/64" will likely be fine as well) with a short length threaded for a back cap. I can put up the CAD file for it (no more special than what you see here, but you can pull dimensions from it) on my g-drive if that would help.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Is this a 2 way ram? How does the front oring seal?
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yes, it is 2-way.

The front o-ring gets compressed into the gaps that the air is trying to escape through - here being the hole in the body and the ram shaft. The air pressure holds it in place when the ram is back, and the ram moving forward keeps it in place on the forward stroke. Nice and simple.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Okay. I follow this so far. Now the big question. I want to convert a Hammer seven to semi(yes stealth). Would such a set up work in a nelson sized body or am I missing something? Such as air returns the ram/bolt so it need two air feeds?
FirstTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

You could set something up inside a Nelson sized body, sure - but it would no longer be a Nelson and would probably cost several times what the gun did. The Nelson being closed bolt and the valve being behind the hammer instead of open bolt and in front of the hammer complicates it immensely.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Crazy-ish idea, Tippmann Carbine eBolt Project

Hoping to have my ram assembly by the end of the year, thanks to my second cousin in Idaho.

Also, instead of machining an entire grip for it, I have to decided to use an ICD promaster frame, with a "rail" to attach it the body. I'm doing this for a couple reasons.
1. It will be much cheaper since I can get a PM frame for much less than what it will cost me to have a grip frame custom machined.
2. The PM frame has 4 screws that attach the frame to the body which works well with the planned layout of the wires/hoses.

There will still be a few hurdles, namely the valve intake fitting is in the worst possible spot and will require that I mod the PM frame to fit the fitting.

My life is complete
Quote:

Last edited by mahonri85; 02-04-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
MilSim

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being a sleeper? I mean you're already using a heavily modified carbine at that, then tossing a frame not originally meant for it. It's going to end up looking more like an ebolt from a few years back when a guy mounted a Timmy frame to his ebolted 98.

I love the concept either way. Takes updating an ebolted 98 to another level by going to an even older generation of Tippmann.
WholemealDrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

I don't think I'm going be keeping with the sleeper idea. Especially since I plan on anodizing it black with orange splash.
My life is complete
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
MilSim

Well then all the more power to ya! Love seeing the creations you make so keep it up
WholemealDrop is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions