mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #71 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonri85 View Post
I am modding a 68 carbine...

Helpful link though for any future ideas for my 98s
Thats what I get for not learning how to read.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 AM   #72 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

In your last and stylishly coloured AutoCad picture, what is that thing sitting on top of the ASA block? Is that just a "cage" to hold it to the marker body once screwed down? If so, then I should probably make that one too just to ensure they fit together. I have discovered that the scrap bin at work contains a lot of peices in the size that fit projects like this. Just send me the CAD file is the usual file format and I'll have a go at it.

Last edited by Ghostpilot; 03-08-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Ghostpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #73 (permalink)

The ASA block you are milling for for me is a replacement to one I already have. You see, they no longer make this accessory and I screw up the original when I tried to drill and tap an extra NPT hole for the LPR. What it is, is a vertical adapter/power feed adapter, I replaced the original power feed neck with my own 3d printed design that lowered it and brought it closer to center. I'll try and post some before and after shots of it later.
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buwaro View Post
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.
mahonri85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:32 AM   #74 (permalink)

It is still missing a part (bet you can't figure out which) but I've been doing some more modeling and figuring out how to apply material and map images to pieces. I will be going with the orange/black acid wash, which is what I tried to accomplish in this render.

yay me
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #75 (permalink)
Classic Collector

this is looking pretty awesome bud. Can't wait to see more progress
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

F1 and F2 Illustrators FS

Cocker, Automag and Misc. Parts FS

WTB Misc. Parts
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #76 (permalink)
Live Die Burn

Why is your hammer anoed? Isn't it stainless steel?

Your front block module thingy looks sweet btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #77 (permalink)

I was just adding a little color to it.

The "front block" is this (http://www.doropaintball.com/AB10381...xd.asp?id=8689) but I have designed and 3d printed a new feed that lowers the hopper by almost 2 inches!, but does offset it from a bit, but no quite as much as the stock feedneck.
My life is complete
Quote:
Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #78 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

I think black with accentuated solid orange parts here and there would look better. But then again, I have a soft spot for solid colours for some reason.
If you go with the black/orange acid wash, then you better leave some parts solid black so the acid wash get more attention by "sticking out" of the crowd, so to speak.

Not to derail the conversation at hand but isn't the colour orange banned if you want to play competition paintball using this marker? I never compete in paintball (with the exception of the pointman league), so I don't know if that thing I heard about orange is some universal paintball competition rule or just some random rumor with little or no truth to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonri85 View Post
...I have designed and 3d printed a new feed that lowers the hopper by almost 2 inches!
Perhaps you could also make some kind of longbow mag adapter. It seems like the upper part has a lot of "meat" to make whatever type of attachment up there over the breech/feed hole. Maybe you could mill the same rail that the new Trracer have for its feed-accessories and use that kind of stick feed. But then again what would be the point of using a 10 shot stickfeed on a marker capable of shooting that and even more in just one second...

Last edited by Ghostpilot; 03-20-2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Broken SWEnglish written flawlessly... Or was it the other way around?
Ghostpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #79 (permalink)

I am not a competition player, not officially anyway. I do play local tourneys when they pop up though. So, the color won't be an issue.
My life is complete
Quote:
Old 03-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #80 (permalink)
Live Die Burn

Nah, orange isn't banned anymore; yellow is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions