mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

A5 Board problem/question

Hey guys as I was working on my bullpup project I've come across a problem, when I detatched my solenoid from the board my marking system for which goes where came off and as such I don't know which wire goes where, does anyone know which wire is the positive and the other negative? and lastly if there is anyway to check the solenoid for which way it goes, pic related the board

note it is a standard pre 2011 A5 E trigger.

Again thank you for your help
Long--Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

i'll take a look at my was e-grip...

no i won't, because i have the old gta e-grip. oops! i think the better question is, would it be bad if you wired it "backwards" and tested it? if it's just copper coils, there's nothing inside to really burn up, right? would it simply just not work? i'd just connect it, snap a battery in and see if it pops or not. if not, swap the leads around and try again.

also, i didn't find any markings on the solenoid itself. you could kind put the solenoid back to where it was located and guess which wires went where based on how they were bent, but it looks like the leads were all stretched out.

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 08-09-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
It may not even matter, it's just an electromagnet and the center is unmagnetized steel.
Xbox live: Grendal50
Grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions