mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Bolt action cocker

Hey all, I've had this idea for a while and I finally have the opportunity to make it happen. So basically it's just cutting a slot on one side of the body in the shape of an "L". That'll be the channel that the bolt rides along with the horizontal part of the L being where the bolt turns down into to prevent blowback. Part two is to put a sleeve around the bolt so it can freely rotate without rotating the bolt out of place for air to go through. Here's my second grader style CAD (crayola aided design).

Any advice, thoughts, comments, donations :P jk, and wisdom would be much appreciated
Mahalo
Marui20025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

i dont think you will need a sleeve around the bolt. you will just have to make sure that when you add the lever to the bolt that the hole in the bottom of the bolt is straight down when the lever is all the way forward and down in the horizontal postion. that saves the hassle of boring out the top tube to fit the sleeved bolt, but you will have to have the back block milled so the bolt can twist...
Dunnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Lol. Crayola Aided Design. No reason. It won't work. Of course you'll have to alter the back block so the bolt can rotate a quarter turn. And you can do away with the front block so you'll have to plug the hole for the front block bolt.
Coggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

30 seconds behind the front runner. Damn. Lol
Coggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

this is a trillogy ---> Bolt Action Paintball Sniper Testing - YouTube
looks like he just added the lever on the back of the bolt.
Dunnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

i made a bolt action autococker rifle about 3-4 years ago. i just dremeled the hole on the side of the back block to make a path for the lever to move, then using sheet metal, i made a guide for the lever to follow. so far, it works beautifully. it is actually my primary "go to" marker.

i would post up a pic or two, but i think all the pictures i currently have of it on on facebook and i cant access FB in the office, lol. stupid blocked sites.

Feel free to hit me up though, i might be able to help out in some way, shape, or form, lol.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

You could capture the back block with a snap ring on the bolt on the front and back of the block. That would be easy on the old blocky blocks.

You might want a miniature guide rod on the back block
Old 08-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Micromags 4 Life

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Couldn't you put a screw into the bottom of the bolt as a lug and do away with the back block? I am thinking go Sheridan style with it. That would be cool. Just dremel a hole in the side for the screw to rotate in and dremel your slot for the bolt handle. Just an idea. Might be a little more simple than a sleeved bolt.

MCB
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
AO
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...2&page=1&pp=30

If you see the marker in my profile pic, contact me. I will trade you two bags of pistachios and a shoe shine for it.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg047 View Post
Couldn't you put a screw into the bottom of the bolt as a lug and do away with the back block? I am thinking go Sheridan style with it. That would be cool. Just dremel a hole in the side for the screw to rotate in and dremel your slot for the bolt handle. Just an idea. Might be a little more simple than a sleeved bolt.
How about sheridan style, but reverse the lug and groove? Use an extra long lug screw that comes out the top and bottom of the hammer, and an insert in the bolt grabs the hammer to pull it back.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

this is great...i was thinking about this last week as I sit and wait for an SR1 ccm!!!
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions