mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buwaro View Post
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. It's surprisingly difficult to find info on these things.
No big deal! I know what you're going through. I just recently completed my eBolt project. I got lucky and found an old model 98 with the eBolt setup on eBay for $105. It took me nearly 2 years to get it done after that though.
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.
mahonri85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
I believe the "design" for the ram cap was a cut down 1/2" bolt with a small counterbore for the ram seal o-ring to sit between it and the body of the ram housing.
I saw that and I think I can come up with something more reliable with some of the cylinders we have at work. If I can disassemble one of them and use the parts I will, plus then I will have resources to acquire more parts if needed.
Buwaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ebolt project

My eBolt 98 project.

Here's my build log if you want to see how I overcame some of the obstacles.
That is legitimately bad ***. Not "if Tippy's are your thing" kinda cool; but "you can shove your four figure, anodized, billet wizbang up your ***!, bioch!" kinda cool.
My life is complete
Quote:
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonri85 View Post
No big deal! I know what you're going through. I just recently completed my eBolt project. I got lucky and found an old model 98 with the eBolt setup on eBay for $105. It took me nearly 2 years to get it done after that though.
The cheapest one I've seen recently came with an extra uncut body and the guy wanted $250. I would rather just buy an unmolested 98 for $40 or so and get the parts one at a time.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
My eBolt 98 project.

Here's my build log if you want to see how I overcame some of the obstacles.
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. I've only recently learned about ebolts and I've been interested in them but your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this. I love your Sig. By the way.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ebolt project

Quote:
I actually read your entire thread, its what made me really want to do this. ...your build is what made me say hell yes, I'm doing this. I love your Sig. By the way.
My life is complete knowing that my work has touched at least one person, and converted him.

It was one of the funnest projects I've ever done. I'm actually in the process of converting my old 68 carbine to electro-pneumatic using the same concept. I'm having to get the ram made though.

If you have any questions just shoot me a PM and I'll help you as best I can.
My life is complete
Quote:

Last edited by mahonri85; 11-08-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

All this discussion makes me reminisce about my e-bolted (Psychoballistics M98 Ebolt kit in a Custom 98 body). I still have all the parts, even the modified (DIY) valve. The ram is certifiably shot though. It was an extremely fun project though and for a short while (in my case) very rewarding.

Back when I had mine setup (2004-2005), at my local field, they were dividing up players based on their equipment- all the high ends would play against each other while the low ends and the rentals duked it out on other fields. The looks I'd get from the other 'high end' players I didn't know as I queued up with them.

Unfortunately though, at that time, even the adults were snobbish towards my mods- "Why put all that money into a Tippmann? Just buy a used [insert high end]...
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
My life is complete knowing that my work has touched at least one person, and converted him.

It was one of the funnest projects I've ever done. I'm actually in the process of converting my old 68 carbine to electro-pneumatic using the same concept. I'm having to get the ram made though.

If you have any questions just shoot me a PM and I'll help you as best I can.
That's what makes it fun, its an actual project, not just buying a high end gun and calling it good.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
All this discussion makes me reminisce about my e-bolted (Psychoballistics M98 Ebolt kit in a Custom 98 body). I still have all the parts, even the modified (DIY) valve. The ram is certifiably shot though. It was an extremely fun project though and for a short while (in my case) very rewarding.

Back when I had mine setup (2004-2005), at my local field, they were dividing up players based on their equipment- all the high ends would play against each other while the low ends and the rentals duked it out on other fields. The looks I'd get from the other 'high end' players I didn't know as I queued up with them.

Unfortunately though, at that time, even the adults were snobbish towards my mods- "Why put all that money into a Tippmann? Just buy a used [insert high end]...
That's what everyone on reddit says. They don't care that it is a one of a kind gun that will perform just as well as a high end, and no one else will have one. They look at "well it's just a tippmann and it isn't built for speedball, so you are dumb for putting money into it." I play speedball with my mech autococker, no it isn't competition speedball, but it sure is fun to oneball someone with a mech gun while they are firing 12bps.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

For anyone else trying to make your own hammer.

Overall length is .875
OD is .900.
Tapped 10-32 depth of 0.60 deep axially for piston rod.
Tapped 10-32 radially for rod set screw.
Linkage rod hole is 1/8" from rear face of hammer at ~0.128 dia. You may want to make this .125 for a tighter fit in the plastic. Measure your linkage arm and decide from there.
If turning down front for reduced weight the last 1/4" is to remain .900 OD for rod and set screw. Otherwise, have fun with shape.

Does anyone know the overall length of the ram body, the OD of the ram body and the OD of the ram cylinder and length of the cylinder. I saw from the forum that the piston is 5/16, but there isn't a piston length in the diagrams. I was trying to get the sizes from other measurements on the build sheet and taking the difference between the size there and the other measurements, but the scale is wrong so I cant trust the measurements.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions