mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

The winding is an easy one for me explain, at least how I have done it. Obviously, the game starts with a full wind. As the game goes on if I have a second where I'm just looking, I'll turn the wheel a little bit. I think I've run out of spring once. I instantly realized what happened, gave it a few turns, and came up shooting.

So what happens when you run out of paint? Not much. Sure it spins out, but having done that a few times, mostly intentionally, I have yet to slice a ball in half. The way the geometry is, if there is paint high enough in the neck, it will prevent the cone from spinning out. If it's the last ball holding things back, and you shoot it, that's it, spin out. Never sliced a ball though because it would take some effort and an intentional situation to put a ball in that position.

In this video you can see me winding it up, just takes a few seconds. I don't think I had to at that point, but I had a few seconds to spare. I posted this video in the PB video thread the weekend it was shot, did anyone notice the loader? And I have to say, at ~2 minutes, there is a bush in my way, you can see a lot of spray. I talked to that player after the game (I know him quite well) and he said that he was covered in spray, but after one finally got through he only got hit once more. I still felt bad, but everyone in our group knows that a bush in the way can make for a frustrating shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2AY9KJEOV0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Very nice, keep up the good work!
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Very interested! I'm up for the first run.
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #34 (permalink)
...?

Hmm.. I've been looking for a loader for my enemy. Intrigued.
Big Kat 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #35 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kat 79 View Post
Hmm.. I've been looking for a loader for my enemy. Intrigued.
That is what I have been using the prototype on since getting the marker. They go together very nicely. The Enemy doesn't plow through paint, but can be shot pretty quickly. Very similar to what I and other pump players want when shooting their markers, the loader puts the next ball in place.

I'm just about ready to order the next set of rapid prototype shells so that I can begin small scale production. I will keep the thread up to date with that and get a list together when I'm ready to get the first batch in your hands.
Quote:
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

This is god damn epic, could you post more updated pics and also what the weight is unloaded compared to a gravity feed pocket hopper that holds a similar amount and the price.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
All teh pews

Send a message via AIM to SN toter

CCM Fan
Very cool! Not sure how I hadn't seen this before now - I hate batteries, and this would be perfect for a couple of my set ups!
Need something anodized? HMU on our team forums above.
SN toter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

So just so I'm clear on the operation here, you can rewind this at any time even if there's still paint in the loader? And likewise load paint regardless of the amount of wind left in the spring? If that's the case I'm eagerly awaiting the sale thread for this...
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 11-12-2013 at 01:51 PM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
This will go on my Xmas list(hint, hint SS) :P
Xbox live: Grendal50
Grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
So just so I'm clear on the operation here, you can rewind this at any time even if there's still paint in the loader? And likewise load paint regardless of the amount of wind left in the spring? If that's the case I'm eagerly awaiting the sale thread for this...
If there is no paint in the loader, the cone will just spin as you wind it up, so you get nowhere. Once paint is in it and you wind it up, you can wind again/more whenever you want. If you open the lid though, it shoots all the paint out of the top... Just kiding. You can top it off whenever you feel like it. With a 50 ball pod, I reload when I don't hear any (or at least not much) paint rattling around in the loader.
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions