mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
11/16" Balanced valves

So for a project I'm looking for a balanced valve. Needs to be 11/16" in diameter, so spyder, viking, merlin, trilogy, etc. sized. Blowback or non-blowback isn't an issue (really not that hard to convert one to the other).

So there's the VS2/VS3 spyder valves, but they're really long on the valve pin end. Not sure that will work for me (got to fit in a fat striker body).

There's the Viking Robtown valve. A little longer on the valve pin end, but not much. Shouldn't be an issue. Not sure if they'll sell it with out the new hammer and shaft, don't need those. Cost is more of an issue here, don't feel like dumping $100+ into a "this could work" project.

A quick search brought up the Lucky Cyborg valve, now seems impossible to find.

And the classic Neo Power Valve, also rare as can be.

What size are the Azodin valves? Their balanced valve uses the long tailed cup seal which really needs a full length lower tube (mines currently a compact body), but might be adaptable, if the diameter is right.

Any others I'm forgetting about?

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Empire Balanced valve for a Bushmaster 2000

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Ccm ss25 valves are 11/16. As well as wrath, trilogy, and ar-1 valves. All non blowback.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
Ccm ss25 valves are 11/16. As well as wrath, trilogy, and ar-1 valves. All non blowback.
Not worried about the non-blowback, that's easy to convert. None of those valves are pressure balanced though.

As for the Empire bushmaster valve, I thought the bushmaster valves were bigger than 11/16"? I think I have an old stock B2K valve in a parts box somewhere, I'll see if it turns up. Not sure how many of those valves Empire made, but none are popping up on ebay.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Cut down a valve/ram sleeve from an Timmy that had them maybe?
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you can mount a front block that could be made to accept the balancing end, you could pretty easily turn any 11/16" vale into a balanced valve similar to the Azodin, Neo Power, or Newton. A little bit of modification to the valve body, a custom valve pin and cupseal, and you could have a very neat gun. Like you mentioned, depending on the diameter the Azodin variant could be pretty easily adapted.

That's the easiest style to use for a blowback as the balancing portion of a self contained valve is sealed off where you would put the recock jets in the valve stem - you could drill it through the valve body in a different spot, just not as simple.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
If you can mount a front block that could be made to accept the balancing end, you could pretty easily turn any 11/16" vale into a balanced valve similar to the Azodin, Neo Power, or Newton. A little bit of modification to the valve body, a custom valve pin and cupseal, and you could have a very neat gun. Like you mentioned, depending on the diameter the Azodin variant could be pretty easily adapted.
I may end up going this route, but the lack of a proper Lathe has me kind of limited. I'll take some measurements off the front blocks I have in the parts pile.

Quote:
That's the easiest style to use for a blowback as the balancing portion of a self contained valve is sealed off where you would put the recock jets in the valve stem - you could drill it through the valve body in a different spot, just not as simple.
Another technique I read about from someone who adapted a Lucky Cyborg valve to a spyder was to do the recock jet like the old Madman Rocket valve. Simply remove the rear valve o-ring (not needed for this particular application), and file a small groove at the top of the valve connecting the back of the valve to the air port.

I'd have to go this route if I want to throw crazy person levels of money at this project. Got an e-mail back from Destructive Customs, they will sell the RT valve alone, but it's at $115. Ouch. It would be totally awesome (and I've spent more on less impressive projects), but still, ouch.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions