mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Poo O.U.T - A double-barrel Trracer build - with video

Quick update - it's been done for nearly 5 months now, and it's been my regular pump marker ever since. Still draws a crowd, and aside from roll-outs it's been a great marker. Last game I was out I borrowed Borgy for a shooting video at the chrono station -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ybG80LdtY

Video doesn't show any double pumping, but I've triple pumped it before in-game and it works as expected. It's asking for a barrel break, but it "works!"

The original Trracers each weighed a little over 1 lbs each, while the Poo O.U.T tips the scales around 6.5 lbs. This thing is hefty, but I feel like a badass swinging it around! I'll be sure to post some shooting videos once I've got some air and balls to waste. All my tanks are empty.

Pew pew, take that Megatron! The feedneck is a little wacky right now, but I'm holding off on trimming it down for now. Eventually I'll grab a Primo and cut the elbow to match. I also timed myself, from two assembled Trracers and a pile of parts, to the completed Poo O.U.T - 12 minutes and 9 seconds. Not bad for a first try.

Some observant people may notice that 6. ####### Secret objective to be revealed further into the build ####### has not been revealed... This was an additional accessory I don't have time to finish. My wife is literally waiting for me at the door, we're on our way to see familly for Christmas holidays! #6's absence doesn't affect the performance of the marker, so for the purposes of the contest I'm calling it done for now.

Breakdown of the budget. The amount of plastic listed as used here is generous, I need to go measure how much I actually have left and then update this... But I technically kept it under a hundred bucks, lol! I had to buy basically everything but the Trracers, the vl200, my 13/3000, a couple screws, and a little 1/8 brass rod. Oh, and I see a few items on there that I didn't actually end up using... So I'll need to update the speadsheet.

Hope you had fun watching!!
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay

Last edited by freedummy; 06-03-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Done!
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

BUILD THREAD:

Hey all, hope you'll enjoy the build thread for my entry into the 2013 Pile of Poo build-off!

Here it is.... or rather, they are.

These were the first markers my brother and I ever owned. Bought them from a short-lived field around '97, cleaned and oiled them religiously, and as a result they're still in oh-so-minty condition. They'd been relegated to a closet in my parents house for over a decade until just a few months ago when I retrieved them and put them back into the lineup. Technically I have a 3rd one (my Dad's), but that will be a thread for another day. I had hoped to make a poo trifecta, but that 3rd poo alone has already broke the $100 mark so it will be a separate build for fun after this one.

They're poos, but they're very nice poos. They've got a lot of sentimental value and are in such nice condition that I've decided to add a few objectives of my own to this build. I've also thought of a couple features I want to incorporate that I've seen rarely or never at all in a paintball marker -

1. No Trracers will be harmed in the making of this poo (build will be 100% reversible).

2. Assembly/disassembly can be done quickly with simple hand tools (less than 30 minutes is easy enough... but I think 10 minutes should be possible).

3. Clean, low profile appearance. No duct tape/electrical tape/hotglue/chewing gum.

4. Air-through stock with integrated 13cu tank. (Kinda goes along with #3, but #3 covers more than just the air system).

5. Nasty, but not side-by-side. A pile of poo Over-Under-Trracer (hence, Poo O.U.T).

6. ####### Secret objective to be revealed further into the build #######

I just got back from a two week vacation to Hawaii, so I'm a little behind (but technically I got a little head start because I worked on this a few evenings before the contest was officially announced. I hope nobody minds my enthusiasm.) At my disposal I have simple hand tools, drill, dremel, bench grinder, cheap drill press, 36 year old table saw (that's 8 years more than me!), and an idea more than a year in planning.

-------------------------------------
ASA. Was a bent duckbill I got from Bacchi, hacksaw took off the bill, drilled and tapped for 1/8 NPT. Rounded the macrofittings by chucking an allen key into my cordless drill and spinning them against the bench grinder. Poor man's metal lathe. The plug you see in the side was tapped and filed from a piece of 7/16" stainless rod. That one isn't being used, was too long. I made a new shorter one with a slot cut into it for a flathead screwdriver.

Shoulder stock cut, bored, and ASA mounted. The stock wasn't thick enough to bore the ASA straight through the middle, so it's offset. Still holds rock-steady, you can see the new slotted plug that keeps the ASA from twisting or pulling out on the right side of the grip.

------------------------------------------------
Got a little work done today, doesn't look like much yet.

Another update. Cutting a new trigger and other pieces...

Remade a couple pieces for the coupler...

It's all still a big pile of pieces, but now at least there's enough to show you all THIS!

Yes! Obviously I've been making a nasty Trracer, but everyone makes double-barrel builds side-by-side (probably for a reason I don't know about yet, lol). This is going to be over-under!
Made some new barrel guides for the pump handle out of HDPE. Also did a little poor-man's milling on the back of the handle using my drill press and a twist bit I reground the tip on.

And made the trigger linkage housing and trigger guard. Also cut a new trigger because I reconsidered how to connect the linkages.

Getting closer! It'll all look so much better once it's got some paint on it too...

The trigger and linkages now work for the bottom marker, still have to do a little more work before I can connect the top marker.

Yes, that crazy elbow works! I ran a couple hoppers through it, and only once did I get a jam that wasn't in the hopper itself.
-------------------------------------------------
Sear linkage pieces. Yes, those are motherboard anchors and screws!

Pieces ready for paint

Last edited by freedummy; 12-21-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Updates, objective #4 revealed!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Very nice
Mercenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hey, Jack!!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Great work so far!
Gecko5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Really liking how you did the tank in the stock. Very nice.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Looks awesome. I swear I've seen the pictures before, at least the dual output ASA.

Can't place it though.

Keep up the awesome work!
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbo View Post
Looks awesome. I swear I've seen the pictures before, at least the dual output ASA
Yep, the ASA was a part I worried about so I made a thread in "Ask the Experts" about it awhile ago, asking about wall thickness and psi. I tested the finished piece, works like a champ. There was also another thread here in the custom section where someone was taking suggestions for how to fit a tank into a stock, so I posted the relevant pics there too. That was a while ago so I wasn't kidding when I said I had a little head start, but three weeks of forced downtime since the contest officially started definitely puts me way behind despite that.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Terminus Est

this poo looks like a winner so far...

Does that make it Winnie the pooh?
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Lil update

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions