mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 12-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Old Newbie....

Diablo Wrath Project

So I bought this Diablo Wrath off here a while ago and intended to work it up slowly. I am just about done with here and wanted to share a little. When I bought it I paid next to nothing for it because it didn't work. I have found the best thing to do with guns that don't work is go back to stock settings, put in a fresh battery and see what happens. Well I did all that and it worked perfectly so I can't say what the problem was. I installed a Virtue Board and went to the field with it and it just ripped. But I didn't like how dated it looked. So I started looking for a new frame. I found a Rex Type R frame and found they are not exactly bolt on, but close enough. I am sure this sort of thing has been done, But I thought I would share anyway. I think it has a more modern look now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GxyrN.jpg (274.5 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg 20131203_082935.jpg (230.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131217_114714.jpg (145.6 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131217_115334.jpg (71.1 KB, 167 views)

Jay R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

that's great. i always wanted to pick one up and improve on the design/parts just to make nothing into something. though, the next thing i would do is throw a rock or microrock on the front, and see what that does.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Old Newbie....

I thought about doing that, But its pretty consistent as it is and has a "stock" look to it. I want people to want to assume its all stock, but they can't place it.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
That's sweet! I think Fasor's are underrated and I would love to see a modern one.
Xbox live: Grendal50
Grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Old Newbie....

Check out the DP Fusion FX. Its on my list of Markers to own. Its a Fasor.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Wow, I may have to put that on my Xmas list next year.
Xbox live: Grendal50
Grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Looks good, what did you have to do on the frame to get it to work? I have a LTD that I'd like to resurrect. I actually really like these guns they kick a little bit but mine was always dead on consistent with the stock regs. The triggers are also garbage but very bouncy and fast.

If you're interested in future projects autococker frames have the same bolt pattern but obviously won't be milled to fit the barbs or other guts.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Old Newbie....

I thought about going after a Autococker Eblade frame to do something with. I would bet the solenoid would fit in that frame. I ended up having to use the Rex Type-R solenoid because the stock one was too fat to fit into the Type-R grips, and I had to shave a corner of the board just a little to fit in the Type-R frame as well. I had to drill an extra hole for the LED and then countersunk the holes for all three so they looked uniform and it reflects the LED light a little and looks cool.If you wanted to use the stock solenoid in the Type-R frame you have to open up the frame in front of the solenoid. I did all that and ended up using the smaller solenoid. Also the solenoid location is just off from the original location so you will need longer hoses. I ordered 25 feet of it because its was all I could find. the rear hole I opened up a little for some wiggle room. the front hole I had to move about a 1/4 of an inch forward up against the trigger guard. The solenoid in the mini is small and can handle some pressure, If I get froggy again, I will probably do an etek or ego frame and use a completely different solenoid. but that will be down the road. I like how it looks for now and runs awesome. I have a spare trigger now and I am playing with the idea of grinding it down so its rounded. That's about it.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you kill the solenoid, I know for a fact that a MAC 43 will fit into the frame without issue One of the few boards out there that also should have zero problems powering one since the clapper noids are so power hungry. They will fit into an Ego or Etek frame as well (and also be powered fine).

I bought a box of wrath parts on ebay or around 50 bucks once. Had enough parts to build ~7 guns minus the LPR and boards - which I got Rex boards and LPRs from Helkat to use. Great project bases.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Old Newbie....

That's some handy info, I knew something out there would work, Just never looked into it, and I just found some on Ebay for $10...... Not sure if 120PSI rating would be enough but probably close. gonna go check the stickies....

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions