mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 01-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Spoolie Tippmann

I am in the very early stages of designing a spool for my tippmann. What I would like to eventually accomplish is an engine that will drop in with minor or no modification to the body. I was trying to figure out a way to do this with a redesigned ebolt, but this is much simpler and would be much easier to hide than the ebolt since it doesn't have anything sticking out of the end. The dimensions aren't perfect, but you get the basic idea.

Let me know what you think.

Buwaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
Without knowing the dimensions first hand I wonder if you couldn't make a modified ion tube and use an ion bolt with a mech kit. That could make for a simple drop in kit, but I do like your bolt design. Be wary of sharp air flow corners and low pressure air like a spool uses. Also this design doesn't appear to have a way to seal the dump chamber after firing, could be inefficient.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
Without knowing the dimensions first hand I wonder if you couldn't make a modified ion tube and use an ion bolt with a mech kit. That could make for a simple drop in kit, but I do like your bolt design. Be wary of sharp air flow corners and low pressure air like a spool uses. Also this design doesn't appear to have a way to seal the dump chamber after firing, could be inefficient.
I am honestly not really concerned with efficiency yet. As long as it is a step up from a regular tippmann I am sure I will be happy with it. This is my first tiny step into creating this, I just wanted to see what others thought.

The Ion design is pretty similar, but the the tube on an Ion is huge. There isn't really a way to fit it into a tippmann body without milling out 90% of the material holding the thing together.

This is the design I took the idea from. They call it the Malestrom MA Concept. I am using the same idea, the dump chamber is closed off by the bolt moving back, I don't know exactly how I am going to do the dump chamber. I was trying to find out if there was a HPR small enough to fit inside of a tube with the dump chamber above it.

Last edited by Buwaro; 01-24-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Would something like this be possible, or would the LPR get too much variation being attached to the dump chamber?

Old 01-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you're worried about psi swings, just run a Rock LPR direct off the asa.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

You could make your own dump chamber or use an old expansion chamber or something. You could use a female Stabilizer with a LPR in the gauge port, maybe.

98 Female Stabilizer kit [TIPP9815] - $110.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
If you're worried about psi swings, just run a Rock LPR direct off the asa.
Im actually trying to stay away from doing that.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
You could make your own dump chamber or use an old expansion chamber or something. You could use a female Stabilizer with a LPR in the gauge port, maybe.

98 Female Stabilizer kit [TIPP9815] - $110.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something
I'll probably have to design my own dump chamber. I honestly don't know much about spools. I understand the mechanics of a spool not 100% on the pneumatics yet.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

You could always use a 'normal' LP setup for a 98; IE, reg on a VA in the front grip, volumizer/dump chamber where your reg is. LPR can run off the VA like this guy:

Though having the LPR underneath the bolt like that is kinda sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cocker Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
You could always use a 'normal' LP setup for a 98; IE, reg on a VA in the front grip, volumizer/dump chamber where your reg is. LPR can run off the VA like this guy:

Though having the LPR underneath the bolt like that is kinda sexy.
I was really hoping to get away with the hpr under the valve because I want to shave off the front grip entirely. If I have to use it I will, but I would rather not.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions