mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Custom Projects / Custom Questions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/)
-   -   ANS GX3 Banjo Bolt (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/253272-ans-gx3-banjo-bolt.html)

Buwaro 03-17-2014 01:15 PM

ANS GX3 Banjo Bolt

So, I just bought an ANS GX3 body to convert to pump. It turns out it is one of the early GX3 bodies that has a different thread for the banjo than anything else standard 2k+. I didn't even know anything like this existed until I tried to put it together and it didn't fit. Does anyone know if you can re-tap the body to fit Standard 2k+ style threads, or will I have to do something else?

http://i.imgur.com/LXHZC5Z.jpg

Buwaro 03-17-2014 01:18 PM

I know that regular ones are 9/16-24. I am assuming this is 9/16-18. Is there enough meat left to just re-drill and re-tap it?

Bartman 03-17-2014 03:36 PM

you can always have some one turn you one in a shop, just a thought

Bart

hmcl281 03-17-2014 03:54 PM

you can retap it to 2k spec threads, the z force bodies also uses the same threading as those ans bodies. no need to drill just get a tap and start a new threading using the old one as a guide.

Buwaro 03-17-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmcl281 (Post 2921756)
you can retap it to 2k spec threads, the z force bodies also uses the same threading as those ans bodies. no need to drill just get a tap and start a new threading using the old one as a guide.

I was just worried that it would be too close and I would end up with garbage. I was just hoping that someone else had run into it. Thanks for the response.

Buwaro 03-17-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartman (Post 2921731)
you can always have some one turn you one in a shop, just a thought

Bart

I would rather change the body tap so I have a gun I can actually use with other 2k+ parts instead of a random thread pattern almost nothing else uses. Plus if I have the tap at work then it is free to tap it. Having someone else make me a new pump rod would cost me even more money than I have already invested into a not so cheap ccm kit.

pghp8ntballer 03-17-2014 06:02 PM

Yes as a fact the body can be rethreaded. I ran into the issue about a year or two ago on a GX-3 body. There is at least one thread by me somewhere on here about this very problem. I actually called CCM about it and talked to Rod. He didn't know the actual thread size of it, but he knew that it could be retreaded to standard 2k+ threads. So I sent it off to them and it quickly came back all fixed up.

Buwaro 03-17-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghp8ntballer (Post 2921851)
Yes as a fact the body can be rethreaded. I ran into the issue about a year or two ago on a GX-3 body. There is at least one thread by me somewhere on here about this very problem. I actually called CCM about it and talked to Rod. He didn't know the actual thread size of it, but he knew that it could be retreaded to standard 2k+ threads. So I sent it off to them and it quickly came back all fixed up.

Excellent, I will check for the tap tonight at work. We might not have it since it is a fine thread, but I am sure I can get it ordered since we are supposed to have every size any way. Should be a free fix. I really want to get it fixed. The body is in great shape, and it is exactly what I want for my pump.

pghp8ntballer 03-17-2014 07:17 PM

Out of curiosity, is your ball detent on the wrong side of the body too? The body I had, the ball detent was on the right side as opposed to the traditional left side.

Buwaro 03-18-2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghp8ntballer (Post 2921900)
Out of curiosity, is your ball detent on the wrong side of the body too? The body I had, the ball detent was on the right side as opposed to the traditional left side.

Nope, its on the proper side.