mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 06-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to travis1581

Added a half mill body. More updates to come later this week!

Evil Ehm Build
travis1581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If you're going to mill the body on a manual mill, there will be a couple things that will either not come out as on those drawings, or be more trouble than needed.

Looking for:
BPS Reflex parts
MorueM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

I have a cnc machine lined up for the milling of the body. It's looking like my machinist won't be able to look at the body until early July.

I'm going to attempt to do the pmr frame and rethread a barrel on a manual mill/lathe respectively. I'm waiting for some guys in our quality department to come back with some 07 ego frame dimensions so I can put 07 ego boards in a 90 degree frame.

Evil Ehm Build
Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

I guess my grandpa got rid of his mill and we were unable to work on the frame. However, we were able to re-thread a barrel. I have a whole new respect for the amount of time things can take on a lathe. Just to turn down the back section and re-thread the barrel it took us almost 4 hours. Granted, this was the first time I had used a lathe and he is not the most organized person in the world so finding things took a while. Most of the time was used to center up the barrel on an independent 4 way chuck.

14.25" Armson Stealth barrel w/ autococker threads

Evil Ehm Build
Old 07-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis1581 View Post
I guess my grandpa got rid of his mill and we were unable to work on the frame. However, we were able to re-thread a barrel. I have a whole new respect for the amount of time things can take on a lathe. Just to turn down the back section and re-thread the barrel it took us almost 4 hours. Granted, this was the first time I had used a lathe and he is not the most organized person in the world so finding things took a while. Most of the time was used to center up the barrel on an independent 4 way chuck.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...1/CAM00060.jpg

14.25" Armson Stealth barrel w/ autococker threads
Nice contour on the thread shoulder. I bought a couple of the closeout Armson barrels for lathe material also. I was going to ask if you centered it on the inside or outside diameter since some barrels are off a bit, but the rifling on the inside would make centering on the bore difficult.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

I centered it up via the bore at the tip and the outer diamter at the threads originally. This allowed me to smooth out the outer diameter. Honestly, if this isnt perfect it doesnt matter. Its purely a visual thing, it wont effect the direction the barrel is aimed. When I did the threading, I put the tip in the 4 way (out diameter) and placed the threads on an inner bore guide (idk the name for it). I dont believe the rifling effected anything, but Ill be playing with it this weekend (hopefully) and Ill let you know if it appears to shoot sideways or breaks every ball I shoot. I can also get some details on the breach near the threading. I used a lot sand paper to make the bore a smooth transition.

Evil Ehm Build
Old 08-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Updated the first couple slides to reflect any changes. I have the milling job out for quote through many different machine shops. Lets hope one of them comes back with a good number!

Evil Ehm Build
Old 10-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #18 (permalink)

I just received word from Jared at DC/AKA that its okay to use the AKA logo on the marker! Also, chips should be flying in the next week or two! Ill be adding pictures as they come!

Evil Ehm Build

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions