mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 06-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
MilSim

Mine works great. Took it out yesterday and it worked most of the day then paint swelled later in the day and started pinching so I swapped it out. But man was it a blast to play with. Shoots so flat.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear A5 Barret Sniper FS/T
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've always wanted one of these, but hear nothing but horror stories about them.
chrisrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrook View Post
I've always wanted one of these, but hear nothing but horror stories about them.
I'm hoping to make one run for 300/500 shots but the valve design seems to have poor setup that cuts o-rings. Its a tinker's marker that's not insanely complex. It has one of the smoothest pump strokes and can shoot one handed accurately.
Christian p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

The smoothness and one handedness is why I want one, but I don't want to be on the field and it fail in the middle of a game. I can see if I was playing only with 10 round tunes how 300-500 would be fine, but in open class format, that's not a lot of paint. I see tthere's one on here that has gone through all the updates Metadyne has come out with, but the guy wants $200 shipped.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
MilSim

Honestly take care of it properly and you shouldn't have any issues. I have a later serial numbered Thumper with the newer updates and I think mine was having issues last weekend more to do with the hopper not feeding consistently (was using a SportShot cut down to fit closer to the body with the CCM No-Pro feedneck, not the best idea) but even with that happening I shot well over 500 rounds that day and probably could've continued had I switched over to my Rotor. And $200 seems perfectly fair IMHO for an updated Thumper. Better than the guy asking $400+ for his since "Thumpers are rare"
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear A5 Barret Sniper FS/T
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

For $200, i'd spend a little more and get a pump mag. Maybe one day i'll have enough money to buy all the markers I want.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrook View Post
For $200, i'd spend a little more and get a pump mag. Maybe one day i'll have enough money to buy all the markers I want.
I play "corral". One electo, one pump, one mech, and a "project" gun that I get because of potential. I usually sell my project gun to get cash for my next project or big game field costs.

This one is no different. I had a moment I made Megatron when my mag wore my Thumpers t-stock and bucket changer. Mags vs Cockers this weekend at Urban Assault. I might play a round like this...

Old 06-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

My pump is my Nellie I rebuilt (and thinking of selling to fund a pump mag build), my mechanical is my trilogy cocker, and my electro is a PM8. All make it to the field when I play. If there's a lot of electro players, i'll use the PM8, excess recreational players get to see the trilogy, and for fun, I use the Nellie. This way, however I go, i'm not outgunned or outgunning players.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Hence the corral. You can play with almost anyone.

I'm working on the trigger now of Phoenix. This is a total mess. Someone played with the return spring but I took a heavy pen spring and put a tac nail in them idle in rear of the trigger to hold it straight. I'll post above...

Just got a barrel for $0.99 on ebay. $5 in shipping.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
ur my sister

i have found that the valve has a max operating pressure of 300 psi before problems start to arise, i.e. leaks when not cocked but stops when cocked. i mounted an old WGP reg on the vertical asa and run it from 250-280 psi on constant air co2. with this setup i can use the internal reg to adjust velocity and has seemed to work quite well. yes it will throw the occasional o-ring on the piston shaft but then it just goes into the gear back so i can fix it when i get home. very light amount of oil helps to keep the o-rings in place.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions