mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #31 (permalink)
MilSim

Make sure that you're holding it pretty level too. That little brass piece relies on gravity to catch the hammer so if you tilt the gun too extremely it won't catch.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

Gearbag Sale
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #32 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Mine catches the hammer but the trigger doesn't hold the hammer to release wen assembled.
Christian p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

She shoots! 270 +/- 4 for 32 shots then 3 plops and the 12 gram I lacks propellant to shoot anymore. I'm happy Phoenix is alive as I haven't aired her up since March. Since this is a tinker's gauntlet, to tinkered with the spring on the trigger. I found a few things...

I changed to tighter tension spring feed on the trigger and used a stock pump spring. I took the spring from a Krazy Glue pen that uses a similar length spring to the stock spring but its so tightly wound that it doesn't need a nail to hold straight.

1) A stronger trigger return spring with stock rear pump spring acts like an auto trigger. As the chamber closes the hammer is released without touching the trigger. Pushing the trigger stops this and it functions normal till you cock the hammer and the hair trigger shoots each pump. Auto trigger is great but it needs an open class feed neck to use this feature. It helps if you cock slow as this is a quiet mechanism if done right.

2) milling out a 5 mm diameter in the trigger plate that plugs into the hammer body section will allow a quick access to the valve. It's held together by 2 screws in the back body, but the trigger has no mid body attachment. It rests on the transfer chamber above the 12 gram bucket.

I'll have a shop day here soon where I'll make the minor mod to have a quick release section to the body.
Christian p is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions