mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 06-22-2014, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think you should go with the automag suggestion. You find custom parts by looking at custom guns, and people usually mention the parts on the gun. So google custom automag. Or maybe custom autococker, and that could give you some ideas.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
I think you should go with the automag suggestion. You find custom parts by looking at custom guns, and people usually mention the parts on the gun. So google custom automag. Or maybe custom autococker, and that could give you some ideas.
Yeah. I really like the looks of those guns. But they don't make any of them anymore do they? Wouldn't that finding parts hard. And if I wanted to build and customize one. Is there somewhere simple to buy custom parts? Or would I have to search long and hard for a certain part?
Baby Jesus Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Paintball addict

I also really like the open class phantom. I didnt even know they had open class ones. I don't play on very large fields at all. So I don't really like 12oz co2 cartridges. I like having a nice 68/45 tank and a nice hopper.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Open class phantom is perfect. It is extremely modular, and people post custom parts on here all the time for sale.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Scroll through this post
Phantom Picture Thread
You will see lots of custom parts. If CCI doesn't sell it, it is probably custom. If you can't find info on a part, post a question or pm the individual with the photo. I love my upon class undercocking phantom. The rainman undercocking kit is great.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

Nelsons are easy, as are mags. Bacci paintball is a good place for parts, as well as here and eBay. My first build was a vintage Nellie. Bought it piece by piece and rebuilt it. Always ask questions if need be, great group here.
chrisrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Paintball addict

It just seems very overwhelming to build a gun. Haha. I like the idea of buying a cheap broke gun. But all thats broke on eBay are crappy spiders or super expensive automags that are $200 for just parts. I don't know if I could ever let my self spend that much on something thats broke. Haha
Old 06-22-2014, 03:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

An Ion seems to fit the bill of what you are looking for too, and a lot less expensive a starting point than a mag. You can build them from 100% aftermarket parts too. I bought my first broken ion in 2007 for 55 bucks, so definitely affordable.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
An Ion seems to fit the bill of what you are looking for too, and a lot less expensive a starting point than a mag. You can build them from 100% aftermarket parts too. I bought my first broken ion in 2007 for 55 bucks, so definitely affordable.
How do ions work ? Is it a good/decent gun
Old 06-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mouthy Mimes RTO

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I think it would be best to go with an autococker platform, ALL of the parts can be found here, or ebay, or the nation. There are plenty of videos and instructions on how to do it. You can choose to have pump or semi with this platform. If you are willing to learn and want a challenge, this is not the easiest of platforms, but not too hard. It will up your understanding of pneumatics, and the theory of how to propel a projectile using compressed air.
UmbrellaCorp. is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions