mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
You might check with RedneckSniper here on the board. He can/will do threading work.
Very much appreciated!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If the T15 barrel is .990" OD, that's gonna be a thin "fin" to fit the HH barrel.. which looks in the area of 7/8"-20 or M22 x1.0 thread like flash barrels.. meaning in the area of .060" wall thickness on your "fin".
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

I measured two types of fins, the larger is 0.990, the smaller is 0.970. On the od that is. They are normally thin. I guess they use a bottom tap, or they are just good enough to machine those threads.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

My mic says my T15 comes in at .995. I was debating taking the Cocker threaded FSR barrel, turn the threads off, and mill the appropriate cuts into the barrel, so long as it's the proper OD.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You guys a equiped to be able to modify barrel!?

I wonder when Tiberius are going release barrel for the T15, i received the Gun yesturday, plannign to try it this weekend and see what the original barrel can do..
Alex Lauziere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
jjron99 posted these pics on the Facebook T15 Owners Group:

**This is an Interest only thread**
I gave my stock T15 barrel to a local machinist and he converted it to an adaptor to fit my barrels I already have - like my hammerhead and Lapco barrels from my previous markers. Letís face it, not having any other barrel option other than the stock T15 barrel sucks. So Iím opening this service to all T15 owners interested of doing the same. Iím not doing this again so you will probably be the only players that will be able to use multiple barrels on your T15 for a while until Lapco and other manufacturers get on board.
The machinist will take your barrel. He will cut it to about 2 inches in length. He will thread it to A5 thread. This will allow you to use any barrels with A5 threads you already have. It will save you money from buying a whole new barrel kit just for the T15. To keep the cost down Ė only A5 threads will be offered and a minimum 20 orders are needed
If you want any other threads or if you wanted to go at it alone, it would cost you $115 per adaptor. With 20 barrel adaptor conversion orders, the price is brought down to $30 (plus shipping). My expectation is two weeks for the machinist to complete and a couple of days for transit time back to you.
This is a one-time custom order. I am not doing this for profit. Iím only doing this to further legitimize my name in our community as an advocate of MagFed Paintball. I do ask that you check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/jjron5304/videos. If you enjoyed any of my videos, I ask that you like, subscribe and share.
If interested in being part of this project, please comment below to express your interest. Please ask questions. Once we get 20 people interested, Iíll message you that the project is a go with further updates and details.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I could make that without chopping up the original barrel.. but to each his own. Kudos to you for having the balls to do it first.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
I could make that without chopping up the original barrel.. but to each his own. Kudos to you for having the balls to do it first.
How much for you to make a fin?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

I'm all about getting things cheaper for the same item of the same quality. If you can do it for same price or cheaper, (benefiting us players) i'd be happy to steer business your way.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
I Very much liked this idea, but i did not want to cut my original Barrel.

How Much ?
Alex Lauziere is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions