mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Wood Stocks and Mags

Someone asked the question on AO and I thought I would post my response in case anyone else wanted to know. Seems simple but a lot of information is getting hard to find it seems for the newer generations of paintballers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryfan View Post
Question for those of you who have done this, or something similar to this. With the typical automag, the location of the trigger is not where you would want it to be if you put the rail and body into a wooden stock. Under its default location, it will be way too far forward for where you hold it.

I have seen pictures of mags in stocks that show triggers where they are supposed to be (but nowhere near where they would be on a stock mag), so obviously there's a way to do it. What do you do?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg047 View Post
To relocate the trigger, you have to understand how the Automag sear and trigger works. When you pull the trigger, it pushes the sear back on its pivot point. This allows the rear of the sear to go up pushing in the on/off and the front of the sear to go down releasing the bolt. So, when relocating the trigger, what you come up with must replicate this motion. So, if we are moving the trigger back, behind the pivot point, we no longer want to push the sear back but now pull it instead. That's all. Its very simple. You want to make a tiny bracket to house a new trigger. This bracket will bolt to the rail and have a hole for a pin for the new trigger to pivot on. The trigger will have a second hole to insert a rod bent into an "L" which will thread on the other end into the factory sear clevis. You must remove the factory trigger pin that threads into the clevis. That's it. Here is a quick drawing I whipped up. Its not to spec by any means, but should help you out greatly. Have fun:

Here is one of the first custom builds I had ever made about 10 years ago using this method:
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg047 View Post
Someone asked the question on AO and I thought I would post my response in case anyone else wanted to know. Seems simple but a lot of information is getting hard to find it seems for the newer generations of paintballers.
But to be fair, I've actually been playing since about '89. I don't think I'd consider myself part of any "new generation" of anything...

Customizing, on the other hand, is a different story.
Tryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

All it takes to create a new generation is for a few major file hosting sites to change their policies and wipe out a bunch of pics (and now videos).
Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryfan View Post
But to be fair, I've actually been playing since about '89. I don't think I'd consider myself part of any "new generation" of anything...

Customizing, on the other hand, is a different story.
I meant that there are a lot of things that seem to disappear like Spider said. A lot of information is gone. It is sad, but true. Many pictures have vanished that contained a lot of information. By "new generation", I meant like actually current on the interwebs. I know this stuff because I have been on the forums since like 2003, but I have seen so many things come and go. No disrespect at all intended in the new generation thing.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

No offense taken. I get called "paintball old guy" at my home field. It takes me back to when I was just starting and was wide eyed at the shmigs the adults were just starting to bring out to the field while I tried to hold my own with my nelspot.
Tryfan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions