mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 04-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Custom Gunslinger

Sniper overhaul

I am looking to have a major overhaul done on my Cocker turned Sniper. I am looking at having the valve tuned so that it runs on 12 grams and was thinking about maybe having the right hand feed cut off and made into a SC or maybe a convertible feed. Should I dive into it myself; plenty of tools, so-so talent, NO TIME; or have someone else work on it? I emailed Doc and Pun but they are so far out and I would like to have this in a reasonable amount of time. You guys have some recommendations....I would love to hear them.

My Gallery
Feedback at MCB
Feedback at SCP
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
rainman229 has done some light work for me, and given the coolness that came out of project redeye, I'd say he was certainly qualified to fiddle a bit with a sniper. The half-block that he made during project redeye is SWEET!

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
WGP whore

You can do it! (Rob Schnieder) Take the time and do it yourself. At least most of it. It will be much more rewarding. You can have shops in your area do machining.
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Hammer bounce and volume are going to be your biggest problems when trying to run 12 grams. If you were to make a plug of sorts to soak up some of the internal volume in front of the valve you'd be half there. The next most relevent step would be to maximize the springing and hammer weight. get your self a Spring kit and futz around.

The SC feed is easy. Just cut the nipple off and tap for a Phantom block or you can just go with a stick feed for the convertable aspect.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Custom Gunslinger

Thanks for the help guys. Does anyone know if I should be looking for a specific valve to use. I am not going to install an autotrigger so I am not worried about shoot down. Wouldn't mind picking up one of those one piece feeds that they sell to put on the Duckslides. I think that might look pretty good with the Sniper stripped to bare aluminum and a raw feed. I would also like to pick up an old aluminum grip frame to strip.

My Gallery
Feedback at MCB
Feedback at SCP
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Well you would idealy want a "sniper" valve from an original "sniper" but I dont see that happening. You stock valve assuming its not a super-low pressure valve should be fine.

The main difference was in the volume in front of the valve though...make that as small as possible and you'll be in business.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
done

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

ahh just go with doc's motto " **** with it till it don't work anymore" lol
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Correct me if I'm wrong...but if it's a right feed cocker it the feed will be pressed in....if it's a vert feed it will either be pressed in or threaded.

What I'm getting at is that no need to cut off the feed....if he carefully chalks it up in the vice with leather on the body and uses either a small strap wrench or puts leather in the jaws of a good wrench...plus a little heat, then he should be able to crank that feed right off... a vert feed will probably come off easier.

I just hate to see hime running a blade or rotary tool near the body if he doesn't need to.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions