mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 09-17-2006, 02:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

More parts for brass stuff?

Just bought a PMI Magnum body from Bacci (I love ya, man! I owe you a beer if you're ever in town.) and will be modifying it a bit, too say the least. All new internals, new feed block, and I want to polish it and have it clear powdercoated (Rainman do clear?).

Anyway, I'll be needing a few different rails. I can make the grip adapter rail myself, but will buy the others pre-made if I can.

Probably a rail between the tubes, unless I decide otherwise. If I can get one pre-radiused, I will. What is that, 1" on the bottom and 3/4" on the top?

The more important one, and one I couldn't find help with elsewhere, would be a sight rail. I'd *like* one that sits a little high up, but I might have to machine one like that. I assume someone would sell these, even blank flat-bottoemd ones, in brass, but I'm as yet unable to find one. Anyone?
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a steel sight rail if you want to buy it, Itll be for sale as soon as I remove it. dixiegunworks.com might have a shotgun rail that would work.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'll check the site.

I really do need it brass, so I can match and solder it to the rest of the 'gun. There won't be enough meat to add threads to attach one any other way.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
done

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

i can make you a sight rail. get me a height and length you need.

also you need to watch howmuch brass you add to a pgp lol

on a side note
i have 2 semi pgps i built. one has a ton of extra's for cosmetic and weights about 3lb 8 oz
the other a bare bones semi and weights 2lbs 10oz
and you feel the difrence when your holding

Making paintball fun again

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well, it's a Magnum, so I'll have enough room to put a foregrip on and spread the weight out a bit. I'll be cutting some brass off and replacing with aluminum, too. Overall, I don't think I'll actually be adding more than an ounce of brass, after what I cut.

Not to mention I'll have some slots in that sight rail to cut on weight and give the feed block a place to bolt to.

Let me get the body here and do some measuring. I may have to desolder, I may not. Have some nice stuff in mind. I'd be comfortable cutting a rail myself, but if materials and shipping would cost as much as having you do it, I'd be happy to have a little Rainman work on it.

Now, to decide where to put all the pneumatics. I'd like to solder the ram on, but might want to change it later...

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions