|Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|07-15-2008, 05:33 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Lord humungus the Mod
Official Smallest Paintgun build-off
How small can you make a paintball gun?
Rules are posted below:
1. This contest will take place between July 1st to September 30th.
2. All entries must be posted by the 30th of September giving the entrants 3 months from the build-start date to complete their project.
3. Photos of completed work should be taken with a ruler or yardstick to show length of marker.
4. Five judges will be selected on the 1st of September from a voluntary pool.
5. There will be two categories of entries which will be chosen based on size: (Multi shot) and (1 shot reservoir style). An "Overall favorite" will be chosen from both categories based on Creativity, Quality of Workmanship, Style, Cohesiveness, and Functionality. Please remember to inform us of what category you are entering when you post your final work. Entries without a declaration of category will be disqualified from the competition.
6. Gun must be able to shoot a .68 cal paintball at usable and safe velocity (210fps-300fps), completed work should include velocity measurements to verify that it is both usable and safe.
Prizes - Doc from Doc's Machine Shop (Doc's Machine & Airsmith Services) has graciously offered prizes for our 4 winners. A $50 gift certificate will be awarded to each of the winners.
Pictures - If anyone has done any work feel free to post up what you have so far, or keep it secret and just taunt us.
Lets keep this thread clean and only post final pics and vids to allow the judges to judge without all the clutter
"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)
Last edited by kidneythief; 07-15-2008 at 05:37 PM.
|09-29-2008, 10:40 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Its not finished yet, but here is what I have. It still needs trigger/seer, polishing and chrome or nickel plating. Perhaps an extension on the finish date? I'm am entering it into multi shot. This is a 5 shot semi-auto 12 gram fed pistol. This is made 100% from scratch except for the velocity adjuster which I borrowed from an autococker. the co2 is located in the grip.
|09-29-2008, 10:42 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Awesome!! I didn't think we'd be seeing many semi-autos to be honest.
|09-29-2008, 10:50 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Albany. NY
That's freaking awesome... we need video once it's working!!!!!
|09-29-2008, 10:54 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port Ewen, NY
Member of Albany Marshals Scenario Team and Reffing Posse and The 518th Brigade Paintball Family
MCB Feedback- http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
|09-30-2008, 03:28 AM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brandon, Florida
Just official, I'm out.
Have plenty of plans, but couldn't manage the funds.
Eager to see what everyone else managed, though!
|10-01-2008, 11:04 PM||#10 (permalink)|
The Furry Tailed One
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Damn it's hot, Florida
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|