mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

So I'm into this project $150.00

I haven't even seen the marker yet lol.
Yes I know I stole some pictures,if you want me to remove them I will. I'll post my pictures when all parts arrive. I just wanted to get this project up and Running.
Hopefully this and all parts ordered will be here before I leave on Weds. I really want to get close up "BEFORE" shots:

Blackrain's project page -> Pirhana SB
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool, if you need any replacement parts made, let me know, I'll hook you up!

I got one of the Nelson counter parts. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it. Think I may try making a set of brass internals for it.

BEO Mafia
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Been there and done that.. almost.

Best bet is to drill out the valve for a side tap so that you can install a velocity adjuster on the rear of the lower tube.... Unless you are dead set on using the stock asa.

They are fun projects, that's for sure! Good Luck with it!!!!!

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Hey, if the battlegrips fall through (or you want an alternative) let me know. I have some sheridans in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Cleaning these up is fun and frustrating all at the same time...I picked up a LB and a 68AT (plus a plain Nelson and one of the "commandos") back in like..March..and still haven't gotten close to "finished" with them yet.

Biggest PITA so far for me has been stripped threads on some of the funky screws, and trying to get the engraved numbers out (especially hard on the brass guns).

Tony from AmericanPaintball can probably help you with quite a few parts, I was going to suggest him for a bolt since he's got new P68 bolts in stock, but I see you already hit up Chauncy Jr.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Been there and done that.. almost.

Best bet is to drill out the valve for a side tap so that you can install a velocity adjuster on the rear of the lower tube.... Unless you are dead set on using the stock asa.

They are fun projects, that's for sure! Good Luck with it!!!!!

E

I got a SB that I'm planning to make a rear mounted drop-out changer for. Figured I can make it have a internal velocity adjuster, and make some type of thumb-screw setup for the frame screw, and banjo bolt to make it easier to get to. I'd only have to adjust it about once a year anyway.

I was also thinking about making a adapter to bolt onto the normal side tap so you don't have to rethread the body.

BEO Mafia
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Here is the deal. I really don't know much about Sheridans. What gun is the SB similar too? The P-68? Also as you can see I have bought some parts. What other parts from Tony's page would I need. ie Orings,screws etc.
Later,
Blackrain
Old 07-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Make that $190.00 lol. Just bought some battle grips.
Later,
Blackrain
Old 07-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
You may find you'll need a new valve spring and main spring, depending on how rusty your internals are. Mine cleaned off fairly well, but you can't go wrong with fresh springs. If you're taking the valve apart, you might need a new o-ring in there or a lead gasket. Both are pretty cheap. As an alternative, you can order a P series, constant air Dynavalve kit from Tony or Palmers, which gives you all the o-rings you'll need, plus a Dyna stem.

Your bolt and associated parts are probably OK since you're completely replacing it with the Cooper T, so you should be good there.

Probably need a new front sight pin if you want one, both of mine were broken off.

You might need a safety spring and/or BB, depending on if anyone lost it. Be careful taking the frame off, as it will pop out if it's in there.

Otherwise, really not much unless you have stripped out screws, which you can easily find at any of the home warehouse shops (excepting maybe 6-40s for the rear ASA, which are nigh impossible to find, or the banjo screws on the airline). Sheridans don't have a ton of parts.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks for all the info. I was looking at some of those parts you mentioned. I'll probably see more when it gets here.
Thanks,
Blackrain

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions