mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Pirahna LB/SB Hardline to Regular line question?

Hey guys, so, I was wondering if there is a fitting that could take the place of the front hardline screw on Pirahna LB/SB so that I could run macroline or braided line down to another asa. I wanted to get rid of the rear asa with an rva and run my line off of the front hole in the valve. So, is there such a fitting that would work or is it possible to tap the hole up to 1/8 NPT. Let me know. I am not certain of the threading ID of the screws that go in the hardline holes which is stumping me right now. Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
There are 10-32 fittings that will work. Palmers has quite a few options. You can do 10-32 male to 10-32 female and then put a micro, macro, or compression fitting in there. You'll want to get a 10-32 male for the backbottle ASA as well, since you can't really run the stock hardline into any of the fitting options.

10-32 male to 10-32 female 90* at the ASA
10-32 male to 10-32 female T at the valve
10-32 male to XXX at the T to whatever you're using for the bottomline/vertical ASA

Should probably cost you about $10-15 to replace everything unless you're going stainless hardline and compression fittings, which will be a bit more.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Palmers also sells a 90* 10/32 to full size macroline fitting. A very useful piece that I will be using on my current project once it gets off the ground

Never mess with Venox 7.
LagShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Ok, so it sounds like the 10/32 to regular Macro fitting. I want to run that with macroline to an on/off asa on a Palmers UMB. I then want to plug the rear or put an RVA in place of the back bottle asa. Thanks everyone for the help. It will be a few weeks but I will post pics when more progress is made. A PPS muzzle break and battle grips along with a possible lever action is in the mix for this little project. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
One thing to be careful about, which I found out the hard way, is that some of these fittings are too "fat" to screw into the gun. That is, the OD of the macro fitting will interfere with the tube so that you won't be able to screw the fitting in far enough to seal. You might be OK angling it down, but front-back I had problems. I'll check my fittings and see if that helps..

EDIT:
So the good news is it looks like you should be OK with lower tube interference. The bad news is you may or may not interfere with the front of the grip panel.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I'd like to see pics when you get it going.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Mayvik- What do you mean by grip panel, like the panels on the frame? I am not worried about that. I have means of getting around that. So it looks like it will be pretty complete in about 2-3 weeks. It will be another 2 months before it will go in for a matte nickel finish. Hmm, well, I sure hope I can get a fitting on there. Now, just waiting on the fitting.

Any other views on the 10/32 macro fitting onto the side of the SB? I saw a PM-1 fs around here which had Palmers Goodies. It had a fitting coming off the side with a hose running to a VA mounted on the frame. That is what inspired me. Thanks everyone, I appreciate the insight.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Yeah, the upper front corner of the grip panel interferes with the macroline fitting if I try to install it for a VA on my LB.

I believe Palmer's uses 10-32 hose barbs and high-pressure (1000+psi) microline on their fittings. You'll want high pressure line, especially if you're not using any regulators between the air source and the line and running CO2.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions