mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to paulc

Does anyone have any experience with the Armotech/Ariakon pistol magazine system?

I'm looking for pics of both the mags and the on-gun mounts for the quick change system on the zeus or acp. I'm also looking for some accounts as to how they work. I'm thinking it would make a good project to, for lack of a better term, 'adapt' the magazines to a very different type of marker that I'm building. Its a secret for now, so thats the most info I'll give, but any pics or descriptions as to how the system works would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to have to buy one of the mags, so the on-gun hardware is more important to me than the mags, but every little bit helps
And reading the yammering going on between the members? I think the sole purpose of PBN is to just make everyone @ MCB (and the pog, phog, pgpog, etc) feel better about themselves. It never ceases to amaze me that people can be that stupid.
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Here ya go,

The springs are retained inside the little tubes by crossing pins. The springs push the sliding lock bars into the grooves on the toprail of the pistol. the sliding lock bars are held on with small c-clips and these mags are interchangable as the lock bars can be moved from the front like a zeus to the back like a PTX or Delta68.

I think if you search on Automags.org for 'tinymag', you will find where someone modified an automag body to take these mags.

Hope that helps!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to paulc

can you, per chance, take a top down picture of the top of the rail and a bottom up picture of the mag for me? Thanks for the ones you've already posted as well, they're a big help!

And I'll be looking at the tinymag as well, seems like it'll be a big help with what I want to do as its along the same lines
And reading the yammering going on between the members? I think the sole purpose of PBN is to just make everyone @ MCB (and the pog, phog, pgpog, etc) feel better about themselves. It never ceases to amaze me that people can be that stupid.
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Just something I noticed - While the Armotech and Ariakon systems are identical in function, the measurements are slightly different, so the mags aren't interchangable.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Armetec and Core mags are completley interchangable.
strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Here; I hope this helps.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ty/lord%20mag/

I'm actually about to send it out to someone so if want any other pictures lmk quick.

III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions