mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I just bought my phantom today. But I've been brainstorming the idea of turning the phantom into mechanical semi-auto, and even mechanical full auto for two years. That's two years of headaches. Many pump-to-semi conversions reveal that nelson mechanics lead to double-pops. Other problems include: converting the trigger to activate air cylinders, placing cocker style pnuematics, and power tube breaking (I say just lathe a powertube out of stronger metal!?)...

My suggestion is to completely remove the hammer and sear mechanics, and repalce the mechanism that forces the powerbolt back...so let your imagination run wild on this one. I suppose tons of other pneumatics would be involed in this, and some cutting and slotting of the body and frame..

Sure the Phantom then is not considered a nelson pump by nature, but it'll still be in a Phantom body! FYI, I enjoy the headaches and I don't like electronics on paintball markers.

So to mount your stuff, maybe slot the body and mount it on the side of the feed body. Also, I think it'll be hard to mount a 2way ram onto the pump arm because it will not clear the barrel.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited by bdotma; 11-29-2008 at 11:08 PM.
bdotma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
machinist to the gods

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdotma View Post
I just bought my phantom today. But I've been brainstorming the idea of turning the phantom into mechanical semi-auto, and even mechanical full auto for two years. That's two years of headaches. Many pump-to-semi conversions reveal that nelson mechanics lead to double-pops. Other problems include: converting the trigger to activate air cylinders, placing cocker style pnuematics, and power tube breaking (I say just lathe a powertube out of stronger metal!?)...

My suggestion is to completely remove the hammer and sear mechanics, and repalce the mechanism that forces the powerbolt back...so let your imagination run wild on this one. I suppose tons of other pneumatics would be involed in this, and some cutting and slotting of the body and frame..

Sure the Phantom then is not considered a nelson pump by nature, but it'll still be in a Phantom body! FYI, I enjoy the headaches and I don't like electronics on paintball markers.

So to mount your stuff, maybe slot the body and mount it on the side of the feed body. Also, I think it'll be hard to mount a 2way ram onto the pump arm because it will not clear the barrel.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

After reading your post i came to see a crazy idea in my head. I'll get back to you all once it's down on paper.

Edit***
We'll put it down on paper. would it work? yes. would it still be a phantom? not really
Basiclly my idea makes a half assed spool valve setup. Combines the way a mag works and ion.
Would be cool to make.

Making paintball fun again

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229

Last edited by Rainman229; 11-30-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

oh, i also have the drawings of MQ nelson valve somewhere, i came up with it a while ago when i was injured.
fwag69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Cornstar built one here in Utah. it worked ok. Broke a lot of power tubes.
Visit my new group page at http://www.facebook.com/JonesGunWorks#!/JonesGunWorks
http://www.youtube.com/user/Legion99999?feature=mhee
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, i local store owner had one and said that was a main problem with it
Old 11-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

this sounds like alot of fun!!!

i swear i read somewhere that cci had made a semiauto like 10 years ago.....
but only made 2 actual markers and gave up....

but ya i wanna see what you guys are capable of!!!
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Theres pic in my links

But, CCI did prototype 1 semi marker called the Phatom Revolution(i think), used a wheelchair motor to cock it i think
Old 11-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

i remember seeing a pic of a purple Phantom converted to semi years ago. i think Doc built it. it was sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
If some one feels spry...

Brad Nestle made a semi one that had a cocker frame and a front block, it was also annoed red.

It was on his sight for a while but when he went underground his shuttered that sight and I never saved the pics.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
is in the left gate...

Send a message via AIM to jwigum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
If some one feels spry...

Brad Nestle made a semi one that had a cocker frame and a front block, it was also annoed red.

It was on his sight for a while but when he went underground his shuttered that sight and I never saved the pics.
I was just going to mention that. I haven't heard if it was just a bolt together mock up, or an actual functional piece. Either way, it looked quite nice.

I used to have a picture of it, but can't seem to find it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by advantagepb=virtue
To turn ramping off at anytime, simply tap the power button, or hold the trigger for 2 seconds. There is no indicator to show when ramping is shut off.

Also, if the marker is not fired for 90 seconds,
ramping is turned off.
jwigum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions