mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman229 View Post
After reading your post i came to see a crazy idea in my head. I'll get back to you all once it's down on paper.

Edit***
We'll put it down on paper. would it work? yes. would it still be a phantom? not really
Basiclly my idea makes a half assed spool valve setup. Combines the way a mag works and ion.
Would be cool to make.

Cool...I inspired the Rainman....Just kidding.

Uhm, anyways; I was thinking along the same line. Along the thought of magworks in a phantom, I would suggest creating a superbolt level-10 type of deal...Anyways I'll probably be back in a year or so with a prototype. I'm working on a pnuematic assist right now.

Good luck. Post pictures when you can!

Last edited by Robertsr; 12-01-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: italics weren't working right
bdotma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwag69 View Post
oh, i also have the drawings of MQ nelson valve somewhere, i came up with it a while ago when i was injured.
Now that's a good idea.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

But it would require batteries russ, BATTERIES!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

But its MQ! and it could be designed to run open or closed bolt

Ill see if i can find them
fwag69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

if you can easy switch between closed and open bolt you can test the myth of closed and open bolts accuracy. awsome

gr
taz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Good point, and the only switching needed would be a ram or a spring.
fwag69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
done

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

Pneumatic Would be the easiest way to go. Pop the sear out add a pin and make it like a rainmaker and auto trigger. Then just add a 3way some how. Like i did in the one rainmaker i have here. It works and cycles pretty fast. For how it's set up.

Nice thing about keeping the pump design is you don't have to worry about the valve staying open to long. So your only thing you need to worry about is keeping the bolt back long enough to load a ball. But usually the time it take to latch the hammer is plenty.

Hmm maybe its time to redesign the pump kit for other bolt on options.

Making paintball fun again

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
But it would require batteries russ, BATTERIES!!!
Well first of all, it would make Nelsons a real open class contender against ATed Snipers.

Secondly, I'm sure it can be powered by a hand crank or hamster wheel or something, right? Maybe a turbine powered by venting co2!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #29 (permalink)

rainmaker design sound good i guess it would be posible to be mechenical so i won't require batterys..... damn that would be a sick woodsball marker:P

gr
taz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #30 (permalink)
Old & Slowing Down

Doc made pneumatic assist Phantoms. I own one. I'm not aware if he ever made an actual semiauto Phantom. In the pneu-assist Phantom, pneumatics pump the Phantom, the pump handle triggers the 3-way, making the pump stroke about 1/8" - basically the throw distance of the 3-way.

(sorry, ancient photo)
So just a flick of your finger recocks the Phantom. Or it makes auto-triggering pure joy and scary fast!

As for CCI, yes, Mike did make 2 prototypes of the Phantom Revolution, an *electronic* semi-auto version of the Phantom. It used electronics to *listen* for the marker firing (yeah, an acoustic sensor) then loading the next ball via a little rotating door. I got to shoot CO2 through it when I visited the CCI shop about a decade ago. Mike demonstrated the acoustics to me by using his breath to blow on the electronics - watching the little door open and shut.

As I recall, being that Mike has a drive for reliability and simplicity, he was never satisfied enough with the Phantom Revolution to take it to market. It wasn't simple enough to maintain (or so he said), and that it wore out o-rings too quickly. Plus, I think he was having difficulty getting it to perform above 6 - 8 bps(?) which clearly wouldn't be competitive in the race for high bps. If it was reliable at 6 bps - I already loved it enough that I would have bought one.

BTW, since I'm not playing paintball anywhere near as much as I used to, my pneu-assist Phantom has been sitting in my closet for years. It hasn't seen a game in ages and I've only gassed it up once in a blue moon to make sure it still works. I'm willing to sell it for a reasonable offer.

-- RayU
RayU is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions