mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Eblade opti switch conversion to microswitch

How's it goin MCB. Im just looking for a little information about converting an eblade board to use a microswitch instead of the optical one. I've seen a few threads around but very few with in depth descriptions about the actual conversion. Pictures tell 1000 words but a good description would be equally appreciated. Seems like it would be easy enough but I'd rather not screw up a 180$ board through trial and error

Thanks guys and gals
Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
my ony question is "why fix something that isn't broken". i've never had problems with the optical switch (aside from a wee bit of bounce every now and then.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
thats why i bring my own balls. and if they dont play nice, i play with myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Mar, I want to fondle your wood.
Zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I don't know why, but this question started me thinking about the new cocker t-board that Scenario Dreams is working on. Take that and a half/mid block e-cocker. Take out the IVG/spring/hammer and the pancake noid. With the space you save from removing the old noid and old board you could toss in a 3-way noid in the frame and a ram in the back of the lower tube.

That would be fun right? All this because of a microswitch.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Simply thinking of the micro switch because I am not using a e1/2 frame and don't feel like modifying my trigger frame and trigger to work with the opti switch. Im sure it would be easier than modding the board but I like the "feel" of micro switches > optical ones. Plus I'm extremely bored and need a project to keep my mind from wandering to less than savory activities. ^.^
Old 12-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Castro #66

I would argue that microswitches are indeed better for limiting trigger bounce, and therefore a better bet in both safety and ammo conservation. While they feel smoother, that can easily be attributed to the lack of advancement (by the industry) in microswitch activation physics. A low-weight switch (5 gram, for instance) can be added, at the risk of severe bounce, requiring you to implement stiffer return springs.

I like using microswitches in my personal guns because I can simply remove the trigger spring, set the trigger, and the guns often shoot incredibly smooth without further adjustment or modification.

TRUST
TRUSTER
Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions