mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

ACI-H Rifle test-vid

Most recent update:
ACI-H Rifle test-vid

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Hey! I've started work on a bolt action rifle based off the ACI hornet pump marker. So below is the first days progress.

Stock:

I tried milling the channel nicely but it is incredibly hard to clamp a stock to a cheap milling machine. I accidentally widened that channel where the barrel begins on one side of the stock. It actually turned out cool when you see it in person, gives the barrel a free floating look. I'll mill the other side tomorrow for symmetry. Needs some sanding.

Below is the start of the frame to hold the trigger mech. I didn't have a end mill holder so I had to use a regular drill chuck so it came out a bit rough around the edges. Going to have to file it some tomorrow.

Here's a quick shot of the hornet and the stock. It's not crooked, the gun just wasn't seated properly for the picture.

I'm just starting off so everything is really rough and ugly.
I need help with 2 things:

1) How is the barrel length, is it long enough? What barrel options do I have other than J&J barrels? (I don't like how they are beveled)

2) I'm thinking of sticking a 12g charger in the stock. Anyone know where I can get a lever charger? I'm also going to need some way to discretely rout the air hose to the marker from the stock... hmmm.

Last edited by zeefoes; 07-10-2014 at 03:38 AM.
zeefoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Looks like your off to a great start. The only thing I would suggest is keeping the barrel you have on there but add a Noxx loudner. It would add more length, and a intimidation factor plus it would be very loud since those style of guns are pretty noisy from the start.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I agree,You should definitely Roxx the Noxx
Venge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Millrat

Looking great man, if you dont mind me asking, where did you get the stock? That looks like a great stock for marker mods.
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Looking great man, if you dont mind me asking, where did you get the stock? That looks like a great stock for marker mods.
Stumbled upon the auction on ebay a few months back, it was a great find, real cheap too. I used to search for "rifle stocks" on ebay like everyday looking for anyone that would ship to Canada. Came across a tonne of great stocks n stuff that I wasn't able to purchase .

I'm seriously considering the loudener idea. Updates tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Millrat

Bingo!!! I think I found where that stock came from, looks very similar to these, not a bad price either... keep us posted man.

JRS Classic Uninlet Stocks Outside Shape Only
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Bingo!!! I think I found where that stock came from, looks very similar to these, not a bad price either... keep us posted man.

JRS Classic Uninlet Stocks Outside Shape Only
Similar but those have elevated / extruded cheek pads on the side. If your planning on using a red dot the cheek pad may interfere with your mask.

Progress for work day 2:

Spent a good part of the day just aligning the stock in prep for milling. Came out nice here's the result :

Hastily filed the frame to fit. I'll do nicer filing later:

Almost got it to fit, needs more filing on the underside:

And here are 2 shots of everything together. The trigger frame will be cut flush with the stock. The extra material on the frame is reserved for the trigger guard (it's gonna be one piece with the frame).

More updates Monday probably.

Last edited by zeefoes; 05-01-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

is that a portal clock?
if it is, very nice.
soccerdude123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdude123 View Post
is that a portal clock?
if it is, very nice.
Yep

Can someone tell me what size the threads are for the phantom valve housing? I'm planning on using a size reducer bushing to allow me to run a 1/8 npt air hose from the phantom charger and into my gun. I can then add a lever to the charger and stick it in my stock kinda like this guy did : http://www.pukindogspaintball.com/bg-guns/cgw26.jpg

Here are the size reducing bushings.
NPT Reducer Bushings - Pipe to Pipe Adapters

Last edited by zeefoes; 05-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blue resistance movement.

I have refinished a few stocks now and for my current project, I decided to try Danish Oil for the finish rather than a Varathane Gel Stain. I must say that the results are spectacular and I highly recommend you consider it when you get to that stage.

Good luck and keep going.

It puts the hands in the air or it gets the paint again.
Rickfactor2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions