mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 08-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
G4 thoughts

I am looking to get a g4. I heard the g4 was a train reck from anyone who has one. But i love the g4 super light, very small, great on off, and a good reg. So what does mcb think about them. I only play pump now so this would be a big step. Dont want it to be a bad one. Also how do they shoot? Are the smooth and how is the effiecny?
thanks in advance
-tom

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I always hear bad stuff about them, if I had a choice I would go with the Mini or the Mokal Aura.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
Do you have any links to mokal. Have actually heard about them before.
Edit: found there website. Very interesting look like nice markers. And the no air lines externally is great.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
I use a G3 specR, which is pretty much the same thing. I picked it up used with ups already installed and the bugs worked out of it. I haven't had any issues to speak of. Maintanence is a breeze.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hoka Hey!

I have a G3 and a Threshold, and briefly owned an E1 that my brother in law now owns. The G3 helped me get over my bias towards electros, and the Threshy is just downright pretty. The E1 that passed through my hands, is still running the stock reg and is the most consistent reg I've seen. Makes me kinda sorry I passed it along, lol. And yes, maintenance is a breeze.

After rereading, and realizing I didn't really answer your specific question, which always annoys me when other people do it, maybe my answer should be, consider a gently used G3, as well as considering the G4. I will say, that some of the issues people had with the DP G series were reg issues that were partly user problems. The regs have since been upgraded to be more user proof. Also, my markers have been decent on air, but understand that the unbalanced spools are not as efficient as some other marker platforms, but they are hardly Tippys either. My Threshy has been good so far, but my Techt bolted G3 is a very smooth shooter. Yes, there are some good aftermarket options. Again, I've seen some nice used Upgraded G3 for reasonable, that's how I bought mine. So, I apologize for not exactly addressing the G4 question, but as was pointed out, the G3/G3 Spec R/G4 platform is largely similar.

Hope that helps,

~Z

Feedback

Last edited by Zero Anon; 08-23-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Elaboration
Zero Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdabmb View Post
I heard the g4 was a train reck from anyone who has one.

Also how do they shoot? Are the smooth and how is the effiecny?

Why did they say it was a train wreck? What was their empirical evidence? I just want to understand their complaints rather than simply accept hearsay.

What I'd really like to know is how the efficiency of the G4 has improved over the Spec-R and the G3? That was my biggest gripe with the Spec-R and the G3. If anyone knows of a link/site/post which has tested data showing a comparison of that I would definitely appreciate it.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

A train wreck? lmao. I have never heard that. Read the Dangerous Power section on the Nation. There are a few glitches with some guns but I never had any of them on mine. My reg leaked a little air but I just replaced the o-rings and it was fine again.

I love my G4. It shoots great, its accurate, and light. Its a great gun for the $200-$300 range.
jimbo69ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
My friend has a g4. It had leakage problems right out of the box. He replaced some o rings to no avail, then had a tech work it over and that fixed it. Been working fine for months since then. I guess my advice would be if you want one, purchase it from a local shop if possible, so they will service it for free
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Secret SWAT Team

Send a message via AIM to ChaplainBane Send a message via MSN to ChaplainBane Send a message via Yahoo to ChaplainBane

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
G4 out of the box, replace the macro fittings, eyeliner mod the macroline.

The biggest out of the box problem that the G3-4 series had was quality control. the factory was installing the wrong o-rings on the bolt.

"I have alot of filthy habits. Most of which I find enjoyable" -Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday
Blazer #003
Typhoon #579
ChaplainBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hoka Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainBane View Post
G4 out of the box, replace the macro fittings, eyeliner mod the macroline.

The biggest out of the box problem that the G3-4 series had was quality control. the factory was installing the wrong o-rings on the bolt.
Thanks for this info, I appreciate the clarification. Can I ask what the eyeliner mod is?

~Z

Feedback
Zero Anon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power