mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 01-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

So what would be the good choice, a F8 or a threshold or the LE with the warrenty? I know the F8 and LE are the same boards so what is the real advantage of the Threshy? I too am only consiering one of these because of their usage by respected members here.
Tug

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:47 AM   #32 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance View Post
Thanks a lot Chaos, just one more quick question if you don't mind helping me out again. I just ordered my F8 and now I'm unsure as to whther or not it comes with the macroline to hook the asa up, and I thought i saw somewhere that it comes with the standard asa and the raps, but now I am unsure if this as well. I ordered it from paintball genie because i heard that they are a registered dealer with Dangerous Power. thanks for the help again.
Chance

Yes it comes witha piece of macro line just the right size already...and the F8 does come with both the standard on/off and a RAPS both are anno'd to match
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #33 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
So what would be the good choice, a F8 or a threshold or the LE with the warrenty? I know the F8 and LE are the same boards so what is the real advantage of the Threshy? I too am only consiering one of these because of their usage by respected members here.
Tug

Depends on preference as far as the F8 or the LE are concerned...They're basically the same but,the F8 has been taken to the next level (same boards though),as it stands now there are no F8's that are LE models so you'd be getting the prior model if you get the LE.

As for the Threshold,it's a different platform than the Fusion.The Threshold is a Single tube spool valve ....Where as the Fusion is a stacked tube spring return ram design (like the Promaster or BKO only way better made).Biggest advantages to the Threshold is the lower operating pressure and few moving parts.The board for the Threshold is similar to the Fusion,but,kinda crossed with that of a Shocker.

More info on these can be found here Dangerous Power Owners Group - Index page
LPPC Member #71

Feedback

Last edited by Chaos; 01-01-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

^^ Actually, just the ICD BKO. ICD Promasters are hosed noid air return and were in response to the SP lawsuit.

The BKOs were always well built, but the regs and valves were horrid. Also, the FASOR rammer design on a BKO was limited to 18cps. I've got a couple, as well as bushies, and the 18 mechanical cap is plenty fast.

I'd be interested in seeing a design schematic to see what they did to increase CPS. I imagine it is a larger diameter spring and they played with spring constants, etc...

Still, the FASOR was a fine design. I love my Bushmasters the most, but i'd take a FASOR over the hosed noids (Promaster) anyday!

Found some...as suspected...

Dangerous Power Owners Group - View topic - Complete breakdown of the fusion *pics*

Last edited by Litespeed; 01-02-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: added link
Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
Tug
I'm kind of in the same boat. The earlier fusion's are really cheap, but the improved bearing trigger on the F8 along with a magnet kit have me wanting one really badly. I still can't decide if a magnetic trigger (wanted one since the emag) is worth the $180 premium though. I am very miserly.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretweaponevan View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat. The earlier fusion's are really cheap, but the improved bearing trigger on the F8 along with a magnet kit have me wanting one really badly. I still can't decide if a magnetic trigger (wanted one since the emag) is worth the $180 premium though. I am very miserly.
I'll say this again...The 08's DO NOT come with a magnetic trigger....It's an upgrade kit that can be installed in it.That being said,if I had to chose between the 08 or the 07 I'd go with the 08 due to the changes that were made.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Old 01-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
I'll say this again...The 08's DO NOT come with a magnetic trigger....It's an upgrade kit that can be installed in it.That being said,if I had to chose between the 08 or the 07 I'd go with the 08 due to the changes that were made.
I guess I should have been more clear.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power