mcarterbrown.com  

Dangerous Power Fusion

Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Marathoner

How are you fusion owners doing?

I remember Chaos playing with his Fusion (was it an F8?) in the MCB bunkhouse and I was considering picking one up.

I'm sure some of you have had some time to put your Fusions through the paces and was wondering what you all thought of them.

Edit:
And will the F8's accept the magnetic trigger kit?

Thank you,
Evan
Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
The gun works fantastically. You do have to get a tube of dye lube and lube the reg once every couple times you play though. If you neglect to you get some nasty reg creep. It blew out the gauge on my gun, which acts as a blowout disc so you don't ruin your solenoid. I don't know if they intended that or not, but it's a nice feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Sorry, should have checked in on this thread earlier.
I got mine just in time for fall castle (by about an hour or two!)
Here's my two cents below, keep in mind that my only electro thus far has been a tribal.

In a nutshell, I'm VERY pleased with it.

THE GOODS:
-Fairly light
-Nicely machined.
-very consistent
-decent stock barrel (cocker threaded, haven't had a chance to try it out with a nice J&J kit, but I'm intending to)
-Very low maintenance (by electro standards)
-it bucked the EMR-Curse !!!
-Price, GREAT gun at any price, is absolutely PERFECT at this price! For me, it put it right in the range where I could justify buying it KNOWING that it'll only get plaid occasionally.

THE COULD-BE-BETTER
-Stock Reg, as mentioned above, gotta keep that stock reg lubed regularly, however it's uber-easy to get it set exactly right back when you're done.

-Grips, something not-quite-perfect about the feel. Not "bad" but just not "perfect".
Sorry Sean, not a fan of those add-on grip-tumors you like so much!!

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Loving mine...Just sold my 07' model to Fett,hope it serves him as well as it did me.I love my F8,it's a lot more milled and is lighter as a result,the trigger is smoother due to it now having a roller bearing pivot...I did the magnetic trigger mod to mine and the trigger is like butter because of the bearing..As much as I like the grip humps,I don't think I'm going to do it to this one (one thing to be on the look out for replacement grips Kindred is the grips that come on the F8 and Thresholds,they are wrap around now..should be available seperately soon)...as for the reg,the stock reg works great once fully broken in,but,if you want something better...do what I did at one point,put an AKA Sidewinder on there..the consistancy with that is unmatched.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

I know this is a completely stupid question, but will the F8 still work with a high output tank? I know they made some changes to the reg and I'm just not 100 percent sure. I'm going to get an F8 eventually, and I don't want to ruin it through stupidity.
chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I use a standard 4500 psi tank with roughly 800 psi output...works fine with it
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Old 12-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Chaos.
chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

So the person on here that has my name (Chaos) has a Fusion too? How many clones do I have!

I've had my Fusion for over a year. I had one of the V-1 Fusions that was converted over to a V-2. My noid blew half way through the summer, but it was the V-1 noid, they fixed the problem with them. The Macro elbows from the factory had a tendancy to blow out, but that is a simple fix, new macro fittings. That is the only problems I have had with my Fusion over the last 14 months.
ChaosPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPhoenix View Post
So the person on here that has my name (Chaos) has a Fusion too? How many clones do I have!

I've had my Fusion for over a year. I had one of the V-1 Fusions that was converted over to a V-2. My noid blew half way through the summer, but it was the V-1 noid, they fixed the problem with them. The Macro elbows from the factory had a tendancy to blow out, but that is a simple fix, new macro fittings. That is the only problems I have had with my Fusion over the last 14 months.

If you're the same one I talked to on the FOG in the chatroom a little while back,I had the name longer so LOL
Yeah,I have a Fusion...just got an F8 actually and sold my 06'...love the Fusion,such a kickass little gun
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Old 12-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

LOL, I think we may have. But I'm more widely known, so .

An 08' Very nice. Care to give us a comparison of the two?
ChaosPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dangerous Power