mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #141 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

I used to make my own oil can hoppers out of square quart oil bottles. You'd cut them in half and overlap he sides so there was some strength to them. Then a liberal dosing of electrical tape and some camo and you were good to go. We'd also stick them in the end of a stick feed on our pgps.
Another thing we used to do was wipedown the inside of our barrels with liquid silicone to make it slicker. It was a standard practice for us.
YP

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #142 (permalink)
MCB Member

In late 85 I saw my first paintball, then got out of the Army in 86 and came home to find Hell Survivors WarGame in Pinckney Michigan already waiting for me.
I played though mostly at Beck Rd and 96. In fact Ed Stapleton, who would go on to own HellSurvivors with Dave and Gail Massey, played there too, though we didn't realize we had probably played together until many years later.
I had a nelspot until 87. I went out and bought a bunch of goodies to soup my nellie up to state of the art, when 2 weeks later HS got their first rental Crosman 3357s. I traded my nellie for one(minus the goodies!) and bought another a week later.
After that, I was convinced that EVERYBODY not using 2 of those 3357 pistols together was oldschool. I replaced the barrels with brass, ordered a .50 cal polishing flexhone and did the barrels up and had 6 cylinders made out of aluminum that I carried in a holster like a dixie cup dispenser, full ones out the bottom and reloaded ones back in the top. This all worked so well I finally quit using them around 2000 when my outlaw group got pushed apart.
When at places where field paint made my guns a nono, I had always used a Sheridan P68SC that I had bought when it came out.
I used the P68sc until it fell apart in 02, which led me to find this site, a new in-the-box P68sc and the Zeus type pistols at the same time. The zeus pistols let me use my 3357 style in regular play and so I joined the 68 cal revolution in 2002.
In 23 years I've used a standard marker for 45 minutes, a spy mission against the Tippmann team required me to use a procarb, other than that it's been at least 20 days a year(more like 30 since the start of season passes at HS) of pistols and nothing but.
So I guess I'm oldschool, BUT!

I seperate oldschool gear and oldschool play under the umbrella oldschool paintball.
When one of our local players, Hollywood Hogan, highjumps a bunker and oneballs somebody, I can't hold it against him that he carries an Angel, he's still playing oldschool ball. If some stranger with an S6 pumps 4 or 5 into a 12 year old, then he's only got oldschool gear that he's using to play agglet ball with and that doesn't cut it somehow.

To me, oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 12-28-2009 at 12:13 PM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #143 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
When one of our local players, Hollywood Hogan, highjumps a bunker and oneballs somebody, I can't hold it against him that he carries an Angel, he's still playing oldschool ball. If some stranger with an S6 pumps 4 or 5 into a 12 year old, then he's only got oldschool gear that he's using to play agglet ball with and that doesn't cut it somehow.

To me, oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
Well said
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Mega Z for sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...el-mega-z.html
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #144 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Rob
Amen!
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #145 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
So do you wish to declare yourself a paintball expert based up on what you have read or would you rather hear from people who were playing state of the art in the day.
Your assumptions being marginal at best aside, based on what I've seen dementia do to people and the unreliable state of my own memory, particularly when it comes to chronology, I will always accept hard evidence first and foremost.

False memories are incredibly common and people often have idealized remembrances of things that simply weren't so.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #146 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
Your assumptions being marginal at best aside, based on what I've seen dementia do to people and the unreliable state of my own memory, particularly when it comes to chronology, I will always accept hard evidence first and foremost.

False memories are incredibly common and people often have idealized remembrances of things that simply weren't so.
There was a reason that I played with folks like the Widowmakers and others,
because I was a tourney grade player long before you started reading paintball mags.

So what are you really after drg to prove everyone is wrong and you are right even if you were not there.

RJ
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #147 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
There was a reason that I played with folks like the Widowmakers and others,
because I was a tourney grade player long before you started reading paintball mags.

So what are you really after drg to prove everyone is wrong and you are right even if you were not there.
So what you really are after is recognition that you were some paintball badass before paintball really became a large succcessful sport; a big fish in a small pond, as it were?

How about dispensing with the personal butthurt and accepting that the evidence shows otherwise and maybe other people in other places were doing something a little different than you. Then, as now, tournament play was only a small fraction of the sport.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #148 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ever thought of getting your own web site drg then if someone disagrees with you could ban them.

RJ
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #149 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

An old school photo of my team I dug up

An old school photo of my team I dug up from 1985

It pays to be insane.
TouchofGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #150 (permalink)

Old team picture

Here is another old team picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unknownrebels-84-london.jpg (27.2 KB, 65 views)

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone