mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
2 words. Wine stoppers. :-)

Dremel off the lower part, get a few corks, affix corks to original plug heads. Voila!

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Hmmmm... Im all for the skeet / trap idea.

(might also add that I saw a guy shoot off a barrel condom last week that was secured by the standard button holder on the elastic.)
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #33 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
Were you looking to blow it up? I know a guy who knows a guy...
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Before I start, please read this with the mindset that I am not angry with you, just upset. Heres why:

My opinions on plugs are close to that of Walkers and a few others that have posted. That haing been said, doing what you did in the manner that you did it was wrong. The corect way to go about that series of events would be as follows. Explian your veiws on BBDs to the two, then offer to trade a bag for there plugs. If they decline, explain that at this feild plugs are not allowed, then give them the bags (IE let them keep the plugs)

What you did instead is borderline to THEFT. Please relize that, and in the future go about your actions in a diiferant way.

Now What to do with the plugs? Well for starters if you can find the two and give them the plugs back, do so. If not then either keep them in the event you do see them or give them to the feild owner at the event you were at, with instructions to give them back to the kids. Now there are tons of GREAT ideas on how to recycle plugs, allready posted in the event that you obtain more of them by right ( Ie trading, finding, or purchasing)

Personaly I always use my plugs (when allowed) and not my bags ( with the exception of my Vector as it has a AA loudner on it ) and except when required, or asked by someone playing with my group to use a BBD,I dont plug/bag my nelspot at all. I come from a firearms background and hold the value that if the safety is off and you pull the trigger and the gun (or PB marker) fires, it is loaded. Incedently that is why I dont care too much for revolvers. Same goes for my nelspot, I can pull the trigger all day long and unless Ive cocked the gun (aka Loaded it ) it wont fire. Anyway I relize that IM probly beating a dead horse here. Just Remember that Im not so much upset with what you did, but how you did it.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Angry

Quote:
What you did instead is borderline to THEFT.
Did you bother to read this thread before posting?
Were you at the LIBRIA event at the time that those kids were comming into our HQ?

I'm assuming the answer to both of those questions is NO, because if you had been there then you wouldn't have taken the time to post that drivel.
Sure I could have been a bit more specific about every word that was said durring this incident in my first post, but then I didn't figure I'd be "borderline" accused of theft.

A couple of things I'll point out...

MXS announces at the mandatory player meeting that is held on the 1st morning of the event that barrel plugs are not acceptable and that all players must use a BBD. So these kids either ignored what Pacman said, or just missed the meeting.

At the time that I gave them the BBDs and took the plugs it was understood that it was a straight up trade.

Both kids new that their choices were to either go off the field with their air sources off the markers, have to go and buy a BBD from one of the vendors like Knightscrossing, miss out on play time helping their team, and probably get a ref punch on the way off the field.
OR
They could do a straight up trade with me, stay on the field, and have a BBD that would be acceptable at the field for future events.

I hope that might clear some of your misconceptions up.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to thrive78

Just played in a screnario this past weekend where the proshop was selling these things by the handful...seriously.

At the start of one mission a kid next to me shot once and said, "crap, I think I forgot to take out my barrel plug."
POG #1062
POG Feedback MCB Feedback
thrive78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
My vote for disposal is still the tannerite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
Tannerite in a 1 1/2 Lb. bottle - $15 shipped

I'm not selling it, found a site that is. I'm kinda wary about posting it because of its possible "uses".

You have to meet these requirements before buying:

I am at least 21 years of age and not personally prohibited by law to purchase or possess firearms or ammunition.

I am willing to provide upon request a clear copy of a current valid drivers license.

No Federal, State or local law prohibits me from purchase, possession or use of this product.

I will provide a current mailing address where I will personally receive shipped items. (No P.O. Boxes)

I am a legal citizen of the United States.

I will use all products for personal use and in accordance with instructions.

I have not been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

I am not under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

I am not a fugitive from justice.

I am not an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance. (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act) (21 U.S.C. 802)

I have not been adjudicated a mental defective.

I understand to avoid any proper storage or transportation violations, it is recommended that all exploding targets are shot on location once mixed.

I have read and understand all terms, conditions, safety instructions and warnings above.

but your problem with disposing of them with explosive would be that when the explosion occured, the barrel plugs would A, not melt to the extent of not being usable, B, Might not even be damaged at all, C, might become flaming balls of flying plastic. Using explosives isnt really a praticle form of disposal.

I suggest, you either give them to people who go to the field without a bbd of anykind , or simply give them to a local field or proshop. My local proshop uses them for personal use all the time.

But whatever you do, Dont do anything that you'll regret later or that might hurt someone.

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone