mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Question A fitting end for a barrel plug.

I've mentioned in another thread that MstrTal and I have returned from last weekend's LIBRIA event at Realms of Ruin paintball.
The event was put on by MXS, and like all of their events they chuck several dozen barrel socks into the crowd at the player meetings.
They also go over the use of the BBDs and explain that barrel plugs are out dated and need to be replaced with BBDs.

So what do I encounter from a group of young players that came into our base durring the game?

You guessed it, BARREL PLUGS!

They were a pair of reinserting players in the group, and they both had plugs in their guns.
I have to thank our friend H2O for noticing the offense.

So anyways, I ran over to the guys before the ref could send them back off the field to get real BBDs and replace the plugs. *(I almost always catch a BBD from Mother or Pacman when they toss them at the players meeting, and thus, I always carry more than I need on the field, almost one per pocket.)
So, I took the kids barrel plug away, and vowed "Don't worry H2O, I'll see that this gets destroyed so it never has a chance to harm someone." and then I gave the kids each one of my extra barrel socks and told them to thank the vendors who put their names on them.
Oh, and I rapped them both on the head, and told the knuckleheads to get out there and have fun.

One of the players was pretty nice and approached me later and thanked me again. I just said it was now his responsibility for the future to catch those free BBDs from the MXS crew and carry extras on himself so he can make sure other folks always have one available.

So, now my question is...

How should I destroy these barrel plugs?

I was leaning towards using my propane torch, but then again flinging one in a skeet launcher and shooting it with some 6shot sounds pretty good too.

So, what do my fellow PBC folks think a fitting end for a barrel plug would be?
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Tannerite.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
whats Tannerite?

if its like napalm I'm interested.

if its like a highly acidic compound then I don't know if I'll get my hands on some.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I'm not sure if it's within the rules to post how to get explosives so I'm PM'ing you the website, but I'll link a video of an Apple G4 getting blown up by it though.

http://www.helpmegetag5.com/movie.htm
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Sweet, I like that Idea, but I'll need to confiscate some more barrel plugs in order to justify spending over $100.00 on the destruction of these things.

I will plan on recording and posting a video of the destruction when its all said and done.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
viking funeral followed up by an irish wake. make it international

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron
They also go over the use of the BBDs and explain that barrel plugs are out dated and need to be replaced with BBDs.
Looking out for your fellow players, making sure they abide by field rules, and ensuring they play safe, is one of the best things another player can do. It makes the game fun for all.....

Be glad the individuals were using something, rather than nothing at all. Next time, instead of "rapping them upside the head", explain to them that careless people have made barrel plugs dangerous, and because of that the field requires the use of barrel socks/covers/condoms. They don't block the barrel, they catch the paintball that some careless individual shot.

Safe your gun when you are in non playing areas. If this means removing the propellant source, turning off the power feed plug, putting on the safety, or KEEPING YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER, and you will find that a barrel plug works perfectly. In 7-years of playing I've never had to clean a barrel plug.

If you want to get rid of old barrel plugs, drop them in a box and send them to Wharfrat. He's always looking for some.

Walker
<rant mode off>
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Take the offenders off to the edge of the field and make them fire their plugs off into the woods!

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

I don't think #6 would be very effective on a plug. I'v shot lots of inanimate objects that really deserved it ( they were cvharging me I swear) and the plastic like that was pretty tough. However the slugs were much more... satisfying and more of a challange.

Tug
Killer of usless inanimate objects
Old 05-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
I was going to give them a big brother noogie but feared their masks might come off, so instead I just messed their hair up.

As for getting rid of the plugs, sending them to someone isn't an option, they must be destroyed. After seeing a friend get hit with one that was shot from a gun a few years ago I won't tolerate their existance.

If I had my wish the industry would make a move to have any stock thats still on the shelves shipped back to the manufacturers and melted down to make something useful like 45 grips.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone