mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

For the upcoming "Paint Wars" scenario game in Novemeber at 24HourGames.com, it'll be great for the Empire side. With a little painted cardboard and duct tape mod it could be Vader's helmet (or Dark Helmet from Space Balls), paint it white and you have a Stormtrooper helmet. BTW, nice one Sam!

It really looks like a heat trap, especially in the summer and early fall months. Maybe adding some heat vents in the top of the helmet would help out.

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
$150 bucks for an upgraded vantage mask? They're really trying to hammer the milsim crowd on this one. I wear a Vantage mask, I love the thing to death, but $150 for it and a helmet is too much. Especially when the helmet's probably barely worth $30 and the mask is only $30 as well.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
The companies are begining to realize, that not all players want to dress as power rangers. Unfortunately, they belive that we want to go to the other extreme and look like roving stormtroopers. Give us a nice od green mask, maybe with a integrated light system for night play. Or a decent camo varient. It is one thing to incorporate tactical gear into your scenario kit in an effort to appeal to a growing section of the sport. It is another thing to slap tactical on a huge hunk of crap as a marketing ploy and make straight for our wallets. Shame on you v-force.
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
guys, guys....

They are just offering their existing police training setup to the public!

I'm pretty sure this is just the first step into the woods for them. It wasn't designed for scenario, it was designed for cops doing CQB training.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr
guys, guys....

They are just offering their existing police training setup to the public!

I'm pretty sure this is just the first step into the woods for them. It wasn't designed for scenario, it was designed for cops doing CQB training.
I think most of us realize that.

It still does not negate the comments made. This may be great for what it was intended for, but for general woodsball use….

Maybe they should have talked to woodsball players first, and if they did maybe find some that were honest?
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Agreed with ^. Scenario is where most of my play time is dedicated. It is also a section of the sport that is seeing a huge influx of new players. The marketing departments of most of these companies are working overtime to convince these new players that the things they have are a must for the scenario player. Ever look at vests for instance? You have a couple of companies making good vests that are designed for scenario play and paintball in general and a lot of smaller retailers that are grabbing law/ military vest and marketing as suitable for paaintball. These newer players fall for tha marketing and images, and end up unsatisfied with the product, not to mention being out the money. All buyers should educate themselves, but the reality is that marketing works, thats why companies have marketing departments. If they are going to market a product to this section of the sport, at least take the time to not rip the consumer off. I know a lot of people who have spent money, myself included to only end up disappointed. If the manufactuers continue with the style before substance routine, it won't be long before these new players head somewhere else, taking there capital with them. While I am not predicting a end of paintball, losing new players sucks, no matter how it was done. It is our end of the deal to be welcoming, show honor and sportsmanship. It is the manufacturers end of the deal to grow the sport thru commerce, not rip us off.
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley
“Join me and we shall rule the universe together, father and son…”

Seriously though... not my cup of tea. I don't think it will be a huge hit.
I would agree, $140-150 seems awfully expensive for a mask no matter how good it is and this one doesn't seem all that air flow friendly.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Looks perfect for that 'very special' paintballer.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone