mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #1251 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deuce View Post
Check the volume on the chamber and let us know if that's the same as well if you could Python. I would be interested in what Tib has to say on this as well.
I posted a Q in the "Ask Tiberius" thread..we'll see what comes back.

Something to note...it would not be particularly hard for a reseller with access to anodizing and laser facilities to fabricate Rs from SA8s and still be able to turn a profit, by creating the markings themselves. If people can laser LV and argyle patterns, I'd think a little font-matching wouldn't be particularly challenging...
Old 03-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #1252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I posted a Q in the "Ask Tiberius" thread..we'll see what comes back.

Something to note...it would not be particularly hard for a reseller with access to anodizing and laser facilities to fabricate Rs from SA8s and still be able to turn a profit, by creating the markings themselves. If people can laser LV and argyle patterns, I'd think a little font-matching wouldn't be particularly challenging...
the warning looks the exact same as a regular t8. I think that this is definatly tiberius's work. now I am $#$#$%%@ off.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #1253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Thats very, very strange since the whole entire point of the Tiberius response is that the only problem with the SA8 is the FIXED RELIEF VALVE, instead of the adjustable relief valve of the TAC8.

But the TAC8-R has a fixed valve? Perhaps it is set to a lower PSI making it safer then the SA8, but not as safe as the TAC8?

Strange, strange indeed.
It doesn't matter if it's set to lower PSI, the problem with SA-8's is, even when set to 200 FPS if you get liquid CO2 in there, it will spike over 300 FPS.

Now the T8.1 doesn't seem to have a relief valve, maybe they found out a way to keep C02 out? I think what makes the T8/T9's design prone to these hot shots is the fact that the regulator doesn't let the liquid CO2 leak back.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #1254 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertRssian View Post
Now the T8.1 doesn't seem to have a relief valve, maybe they found out a way to keep C02 out? I think what makes the T8/T9's design prone to these hot shots is the fact that the regulator doesn't let the liquid CO2 leak back.
This is an issue with all regulators. What happens is as soon as the liquid gets past the regulator, its no longer 800psi, and it starts to boil off to reach equilibrium. This makes the regulator work like a backcheck trapping the pressure downstream.

I watched the disassembly video and there is definetly not a relief valve in the back block. However, the Tac 8.1 is advertised as having the relief valve, which leads me to believe they added a crude vent to the regulator itself.

With guns like the automag, or sledgehammer, or Palmer stab, they have a hole drilled into the regulator at the exact spot where the reg piston would be at a certain pressure. If the piston moves past that point, the pressure escapes. Not having an 8.1 myself, does it have a small hole?

Still, it does seem a little condescending now to be lectured about how evil a non adjustable vent is, with the latest gun being non-adjustable....

oh, paintball politics. Much like how 99.9% of the paintball media ignored the whole Smart Parts vs WDP vs ICP vs AKA vs AGD. Basically, paintball is so money driven with everyone so worried about liability.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 03-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #1255 (permalink)

Great call HP_Lovecraft! I wonder if we can tap the regulator to have a relief valve similar to T8.1's then
Old 03-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #1256 (permalink)
Lostboys

Well, I have yet to disassemble the regulator on the SA-8 and the T8. I naturally asumbed that the parts were the same as the pictures that others have posted.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #1257 (permalink)
Banned

That's just absolutely ridiculous, I can't wait to see what Tib will have to say about this.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #1258 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertRssian View Post
Great call HP_Lovecraft! I wonder if we can tap the regulator to have a relief valve similar to T8.1's then
I thought about that a while ago but it would be impossible to know WHERE to tap. It would probobly end up being less effort to just figure out a way to install a Palmer stab...

OR run without a regulator, but reduce the volume to the point where you get 280fps at 800psi. NOTE: I tried filling the dump chamber with nickels. 9 nickels in fact, to see if I could reduce the volume enough to offset the fixed vent. But I do not have a chrono, so its hard to figure out if I'm doing anything usefull.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #1259 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
one hundred and twenty six pages...

are you serious?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #1260 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
one hundred and twenty six pages...

are you serious?
I actually think this newest information about "safe" T8-R's being sold with the same relief valve as the "unsafe" SA-8's have should be its own separate thread.

If Tiberius is telling the absolute 100% truth about non-adjustable regulators being unsafe to use in paintball, then this information is certainly important enough to scream about.

So yes, if Tiberius is being honest, this is serious. We need to warn out paintball brethren before someone gets seriously injured.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone