mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #1261 (permalink)
Banned

If the possibility for someone to be "seriously injured" due to the lack of a "safe" relief valve we would have seen it already, because as great of a feature as it may sound like on paper, practically I have never seen a single person take the time to set it properly.
Right now i'm mostly waiting to see what Tiberius has to say about the relief valves on the R's, it will be very interesting to say the least.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #1262 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Party, you're probably right. But...Tiberius' official stand is that these non-adjustable relief valves are so dangerous they render the paintball marker a "less than lethal" device and ergo unsuitable for paintball play. Of course, a lot of people were skeptical about that claim.

If they're going to take that stand however, they need to address this new wrinkle.

Waiting patiently...

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Old 03-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #1263 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
one hundred and twenty six pages...

are you serious?
Me and volunteer paintball were talking about you earlier, MAr.

Personally, I think if you have a SA-8, use it. Don't send it back. Per the pictures a few pages back, some of the Tiberius 8's have the same relief valve on the back. If you got it, use it.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #1264 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
one hundred and twenty six pages...
are you serious?
Complaining about the length of a thread, by adding to the length of the thread?
Every day, you push us closer and closer to PBN.

Pretty soon, you will be yelling "Read the stickies" instead of just answering a simple question......

Quote:
Of course, a lot of people were skeptical about that claim.
It now seems likely the main concern of TA was simply that the gun itself was marked "Not for Recreational Use", exposing that to potentially huge liability from ambulance-chasing lawyers.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #1265 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
It now seems likely the main concern of TA was simply that the gun itself was marked "Not for Recreational Use", exposing that to potentially huge liability from ambulance-chasing lawyers.
And you don't think that is a real and justifiable reason?

I'm to tired to play armchair lawyer right now, but having had to decide whether to take on projects myself in the past because of the chance of getting sued because of a potential loss of property/life... I could see why they would want to get these out of peoples hands.

E
Old 03-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #1266 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
And you don't think that is a real and justifiable reason? E
Sorry, I DO think that is a justified reason. I should have said that. The problem with the legal system is a massive problem in this country, and we are in badly need of tort reform.

Which will never happen since our politicians are all lawyers, and are funded by lawyers, and marry there children to lawyers. etc. It only gets worse. Look at the medical debate right now. Most of the problems stem from tort issues, but they will not even talk about it.

Anyway......
I understand the reaction from TA, but the point made here is that after the many posts from TA about the adjustable relief valve, it now leaves a bad taste in our mouths to see the TAC-8R with a fixed valve.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 03-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #1267 (permalink)
MagFed FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Anyway......
I understand the reaction from TA, but the point made here is that after the many posts from TA about the adjustable relief valve, it now leaves a bad taste in our mouths to see the TAC-8R with a fixed valve.
I really hope this is a big misunderstanding. For the price I paid for the SA-8 and the costs to get it to me, then turn around and dump another $80 to send it back and get a replacement, I could have bought a new T8.1

Frost: Man, I'm telling you, I got a bad feeling about this SA-8 deal.
Crowe: You always say that, Frost. You always say, "I got a bad feeling about this SA-8 deal."
Frost: Okay, okay. When we get back without your SA-8, I'll call your folks.

"United we stand, divided we fall, we are Alpha Bravo"
Custom A-5 (HK416) | Tippmann Bravo One | T68 | M79 | Delta Elite | TPX | LE Nickel plated T8 | Rap4 Shotty
Old 03-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #1268 (permalink)

Python, can you do a test for us? Load a magazine into the pistol (with paintballs), shake the pistol upside-down for about a minute (make sure you point the marker in a safe direction), then fire and chrono. If you don't have a Chrono, just shake it and and listen for air possibly escaping.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #1269 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertRssian View Post
Python, can you do a test for us? Load a magazine into the pistol (with paintballs), shake the pistol upside-down for about a minute (make sure you point the marker in a safe direction), then fire and chrono. If you don't have a Chrono, just shake it and and listen for air possibly escaping.
Why would he have to do all that...couldn't he just crank up the velocity until the relief valve was leaking, turn it back down until it just stopped, and then chrony?

That would tell us how hot a shot would be before the valve released the pressure, no?

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Old 03-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #1270 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
Why would he have to do all that...couldn't he just crank up the velocity until the relief valve was leaking, turn it back down until it just stopped, and then chrony?

That would tell us how hot a shot would be before the valve released the pressure, no?
Unless of course you crank the reg all the way up and it still doesn't vent...which may be possible if the fixed valves are set as high as the SA-8s.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone