mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #451 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool0 View Post
if you want more mags then it would probably be cheaper to just to buy another pistol.
I think I could get two more for about $70, cheaper than another $120.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteer paintball View Post
Is it just me or are these guns sounding like there not what we thought they'd be?
No I don't think so, I think it's just people getting used to their guns. I don't see how this is much less than a normal Tac8, a few small things only. No gun is perfect eh?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #452 (permalink)
Lumberjack

I ordered 1 blue and 1 orange on the 17, paid for 2-day shipping (since it was only like $7 more for me) and I've yet to receive mine. My payment has gone through already. Starting to make me kinda worried since its been a week now.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #453 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafin View Post
I ordered 1 blue and 1 orange on the 17, paid for 2-day shipping (since it was only like $7 more for me) and I've yet to receive mine. My payment has gone through already. Starting to make me kinda worried since its been a week now.
In one of the earlier posts, someone mentioned that Pepperball got inundated with orders, so they're doing their best to fill them in a timely manner. I'd be willing to bet that's what happened to your order. sucks that you paid for expedited shipping. Maybe you can get a partial refund on shipping?

Thunderstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FinSec View Post
If it has tits or tires its gonna cause trouble.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #454 (permalink)
Post Whore

Some that called were told they were astronomically swamped with orders, which is understandable.

With 2-day, it should have arrived thursday if processed on monday. But if not processed until wed, then it would not arrive until tomorrow.

On a related note, I had a part break on my jeep, and my luck, its a part no longer made (shifter for trans). I found a junkyard in wisconsin that would ship it that day as UPS 4-day.

10 days later no package, I call UPS completely pissed. I was told that 4-day shipping should take 13 days, as normal. WTF I say... Thats funny math. They explain that the first day does not count. Plus weekends do not count. Plus -4- holidays (xmas, xmas eve, new years, new years eve). Thats 13 days, with just 4 business days.

Don't worry, its a fantastic deal, and they are delayed slightly.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 01-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #455 (permalink)
PB is my mission field

CCM Fan
When I ordered I remember seeing that they have a 5 business day process time so technically 9 days and then there was MLK day. So it slows shipping times.
Christ Krew Member #46
TCPAINTBALL.COM FOR ALL YOUR PAINTBALL NEEDS!
BASIC SUPPORT BRACELET
Feedback 8+/0- Over 100 positive feedback on ebay under my screen name.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #456 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Well, i don't really see how I can run two pistols, and I need some money for a K-frame, plus I hear there are some people who wanted two but could only afford one, so I'm selling mine:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post1138869

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #457 (permalink)
NonsystematicNomenclature

Interesting little bit i found....well couldnt be bothered to read everyone else's stuff so someone else probably pointed it out, but it looks like these pepperball launchers are refurbished. Not sure if its refurbished as in "new gun we reannoed" or refurbished as in "broken dud now working"

http://www.pepperball.com/pdf/210%20...1&sort_dir=asc
Old 01-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #458 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
Not sure if its refurbished as in "new gun we reannoed" or refurbished as in "broken dud now working"
Well, a tippmann is a likely gun to find refurbished as its the standard rental gun at nearly every field in the world. Google refurbished tippmanns, and you get thousands of websites offering them.

These $99 SA-8s could be reburbed TAC-8s, but since the valves and barrels are slightly different, that seems unlikely. They could also be refurbed SA-8s, but the market for them is very, very small. Plus, with the Tippmann, they were honest and pointed out it was a refurb. They didn't mention that here.

However, that said, does seem like they are phasing out the SA-8. Probobly in favor of the newer 8.1 version, which has a few new features. When factories phase out a line, they usually try to get rid of everything they possibly can, which includes making guns out of leftover parts, broken parts, refurbed, and reman parts. Just to get rid of everything.....

So... who knows what we will get. Seems a good deal regardless

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 01-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #459 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
Learned the hard way not to load a new mag without firing the last ball. Ball breaks pretty much ruin ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Glad you spoke up about that problem. I'm probably going to hold off on buying one thanks to that issue. It sounds awfully inconvenient to have to spend each mag fully, rather than just topping off the mag during a slow spot in the game, like in a stock class game.
It's not really a big problem. Shake the gun down if you eject a partial mag. One ball will be in the "chamber" (check the hole in the top of the gun) which will probably not fall out, any others that are still in the magwell will drop right out. I'd chalk that up to operator inexperience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
You wouldn't want to do that anyway because each time you drop the mag, it vents a good amount of gas. At least for speedball, reloading on the field isn't practical, it's a 2-hand process.
You vent ~1 shot worth of gas when you eject a mag. I typically have no problems getting 24 shots out of a 12ie at reasonable RoF. Some of it may be due to how much gas you're wasting when you pierce the cartridge in the first place?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #460 (permalink)
President of Kanuckistan

Send a message via MSN to The Sexy Beast

CCM Fan
I have a team-mate who was looking to pick two of these up, the only downside is that he is in Canada. I`m just on the hunt of finding someone trustworthy in the North-eastern US to do 3rd party shipping with. These seem like a great deal though!
My MCB Feedback

~ MASSIVE Gear Sale (lots of LNIB and BNIB); Something for everyone! ~
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone