mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #461 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sexy Beast View Post
I have a team-mate who was looking to pick two of these up, the only downside is that he is in Canada. I`m just on the hunt of finding someone trustworthy in the North-eastern US to do 3rd party shipping with. These seem like a great deal though!
I am not in the northeast, but dont care to help. pm me if you want me to do 3rd party. Free of course
Old 01-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #462 (permalink)
Machinist in training

Send a message via Yahoo to slowerpig81

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Well, a tippmann is a likely gun to find refurbished as its the standard rental gun at nearly every field in the world. Google refurbished tippmanns, and you get thousands of websites offering them.

These $99 SA-8s could be reburbed TAC-8s, but since the valves and barrels are slightly different, that seems unlikely. They could also be refurbed SA-8s, but the market for them is very, very small. Plus, with the Tippmann, they were honest and pointed out it was a refurb. They didn't mention that here.

However, that said, does seem like they are phasing out the SA-8. Probobly in favor of the newer 8.1 version, which has a few new features. When factories phase out a line, they usually try to get rid of everything they possibly can, which includes making guns out of leftover parts, broken parts, refurbed, and reman parts. Just to get rid of everything.....

So... who knows what we will get. Seems a good deal regardless
I wonder if they will ever offer FN303 style ammo. That would be interesting. Pretty much a pistol form 303 running off CO2. I mean, they are both automag based valves, .68 cal, and accept the FS/303 shape rounds. But imagine the recoil from that thing! Those 303 rounds are full of bismuth.

Feedback/Avvy by Tessa Schrader
Old 01-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #463 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
It's not really a big problem. Shake the gun down if you eject a partial mag. One ball will be in the "chamber" (check the hole in the top of the gun) which will probably not fall out, any others that are still in the magwell will drop right out. I'd chalk that up to operator inexperience.
Actually it was that one in the pipe that broke. But yes, it was operator inexperience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
You vent ~1 shot worth of gas when you eject a mag.
Thats about my estimate, since it seems to vent the chamber. So if you add extra mag drops into the rotation you could end up burning up to half a mag vent loss, which makes topping off a quesitonable proposition, especially when you consider that it complicates the gas monitoring count. I don't forsee myself doing it.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #464 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

In my experience with Tac 8s, you can reload the magazine once reliably, and often two times before you start getting noticeable drop-off.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #465 (permalink)
Machinist in training

Send a message via Yahoo to slowerpig81

Just make sure that if you don't seat the magazine properly the first time, you completely remove it from the magwell. If the valve opens but the catch doesn't engage, the mag might be forced out from the pressure of the CO2. It will also release a ball from the mag into the chamber. If the mag falls far enough, the ball can fall off the top of the magazine and down to the top of the valve. If you slam it home again with a ball here, the nipple will impale the ball, causing paint to get everywhere, and then charge the air system with paint. If you shoot it after this, you will get paint in the nipple, reg, relief valve, dump chamber, inside of the bolt, and inside of the barrel. It takes about 3 hours to clean all these things and a guide to do it.

I know from experience.

Feedback/Avvy by Tessa Schrader
Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #466 (permalink)

I hope that mine is powder coated too.has any one gotten a blue powder coated one? how can you tell if it is powder coated or anoed? I use tippmanns and have only ever had about 1 annoed gun.

I searched removing powder coating on google

Removing Powder Coating Quickly and Cheaply -- Chopper Surplus
How to Remove Powder Coat | eHow.com
Powder Coating Clinic - Removing Cured Powder Coatings - 05/00
Removing powder-coating - PbNation
Old 01-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #467 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowerpig81 View Post
I wonder if they will ever offer FN303 style ammo. That would be interesting. Pretty much a pistol form 303 running off CO2. I mean, they are both automag based valves, .68 cal, and accept the FS/303 shape rounds. But imagine the recoil from that thing! Those 303 rounds are full of bismuth.
They look kinda like the firststrike rounds, roughly, as far as shape is concerned.
Do they all have bismuth to add mass?

I'm surprised they still make the FN303. Last I heard, FN was sued after the Boston incident, and was ordered to pay 10 million dollars!! They will never recoup that money, and by continuing to sell the FN303, that only increases the chance of another 10 million dollar suit.

Granted, the gun did nothing wrong. The fault was with the Boston PD, but its just easier to blame the gun.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 01-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #468 (permalink)

I've never heard anything about a suit against fn. Got a link?
Old 01-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #469 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
I played with a 303 in a local gun shop, it was a beastly piece of hardware. All the rounds are bismuth loaded.

I want to try running a FS round through a 303. It would probably go about 600-800 FPS. :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #470 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothice View Post
I've never heard anything about a suit against fn. Got a link?
Snelgrove family settles wrongful death suit - The Boston Globe
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone