mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #751 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Speaking of, what is the cheapest holster for this gun? I see purpose built holsters for $40 or so, but I can find generic ones on Ebay for $3-5. However, I'm sure that most of those would be too small.

Also, what are the barrel-plug rules for pistols?

Mine is SWAT296. and so far looks to be in perfect condition. I kinda like the orange, its growing on me, though I suspect that some refs might be on the lookout for orange/blue guns if there are some accidents.
first.. if you are chrono'd then they cant harrass you....

second.. im looking for a holster..but getting a vest..
was going to go rap4 mod package.... still thinking bout it... but specops is pricing one for me.. maybe the same price... i just really like the rap4 look.... but specops is made in USA...
Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #752 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to o_nothing

2 Cents...

I got mine in Today figured I just show it off

Just hope the wife likes it.
O NOtHING
Old 02-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #753 (permalink)
DSL is new here

mine came today, to my house (idk if Net Ops actually reads outgoing stuff but I really dont need CamPo coming to my door just to find nothing) and now my dad's playing with it. I hope he doesnt shoot anything living, he has no idea how to use my chrono much less how to set the velocity on the tib.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #754 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
At least one of them showed up at the WTL on January 30th. It was bought second hand off of Ebay. It was adjusted down to 270 and allowed in the tournament. The Orange is really not that bad. I am just waiting patiencely for my blue one
That may have been one of mine actually, if it was shot by a member of "Art of War" then I'm positive it is.

I sold it locally as I just wanted the Mags.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #755 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whee McGee View Post
There were 3 at Clareball.

Actaully there were 4. John has 1 also.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #756 (permalink)

Finally got mine, right of way turned the velocity all the way down then worked on turning it back up. It still jumped around a good bit though. I'm chronoing indoors so it's hard to get a constant read though. I got it down to 260-270 FPS but it seems to go through 14 balls, then runs out of air.

Any ideas?

Mine is anodized, I tried carb cleaner, Acetone, and Paint Thinner, none of them did any damage at all. I'm guessing I'll have to use sand paper and repaint then.

First impressions of the gun, it's huge, and for how much the original was I was hoping it would have a more expensive feel to the plastic hehe.

Comparison against my hand

Looks like the failsafe and velocity bolts have been tinkered with

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Speaking of, what is the cheapest holster for this gun? I see purpose built holsters for $40 or so, but I can find generic ones on Ebay for $3-5. However, I'm sure that most of those would be too small.

Also, what are the barrel-plug rules for pistols?

Mine is SWAT296. and so far looks to be in perfect condition. I kinda like the orange, its growing on me, though I suspect that some refs might be on the lookout for orange/blue guns if there are some accidents.
I got myself an eBay holster, it has a place for an extra mag, but it's designed for regular sized mags vs the big Tac8 ones.

UTG PAINTBALL PISTOL HOLSTER FOR TIBERIUS ARMS T8 & T9 - eBay (item 310189505953 end time Feb-15-10 18:18:25 PST)
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #757 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_nothing View Post
is yours powder coated?

Smiley
Old 02-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #758 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Got mine in the mail today. Blue powdercoat. Came very quickly (less than a week). I asked the nice lady specifically for blue anno if she could do a special request. She didn't know the difference exactly, but said she'd try. Ah well. I had it shipped to the dept., and it happened to have my lieutenant's badge number on the case sticker....led to a few jokes. We were out back in our outside storage area in a matter of minutes, burning off a clip of the practice rounds. Got a few other guys in the department excited about them once they'd tried mine.

Best purchase of the year so far And, coordinated some free training sessions for my department with the company, for later this year.

My MCB feedback
Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #759 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Brewwt and I noticed on Sunday that the shells on the baby powder rounds were very hard and plastic. I wouldn't want to get hit with one. I shot my (already dented) truck's fender with one, and it knocked off some paint!

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #760 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Brewwt and I noticed on Sunday that the shells on the baby powder rounds were very hard and plastic. I wouldn't want to get hit with one. I shot my (already dented) truck's fender with one, and it knocked off some paint!
ya those hard plastic shells are designed for the movie industry. they either use them to simulate bullet ricosheys(how the heck do you spell that) or they fill them with firecracker things to make it look like sparking bullets.

well I finaly got mine in. it is a powder coated one too. I am eventualy going to strip it off and get down to the black anno.

and get this, the oil packet even says tippmann on it

I also photographed the manual if anyone is interested. it just seemed like a giant disclaimer to me. I left the pics kindof large so you can read it.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2nrniiq.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/jruzh0.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/jhyddk.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/157yx39.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/6ibn8n.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lktklf.jpg

Last edited by LUKE; 02-02-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: changed giant pics to links only
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone