mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   C3 Contest: Paintball gun VS. Air rifle (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/1195-c3-contest-paintball-gun-vs-air-rifle.html)

boyer72 06-04-2006 11:26 PM

C3 Contest: Paintball gun VS. Air rifle

I figured out today, an air rifle pierces skin...lol i played this one kid today at my house and i had a paintball gun but he didn't so i let him use my air rifle....it was a pretty good thought at first but he hit me 3 times before i hit him, he hit me on my arm chest and my side...i personally think, a paintball hurts worse that a bb... then we went to go play in the woods..HECK YEAH! it was on! i would just lay down on the ground and wait for him to shoot... and i got up and unloaded on his Butt..(it takes a while to pump and air rifle..) i hit him 3 times on his arm, about the same spot every time....that hurts after a while...and i hit him on the thigh and on the ankle...that was some good stuff... yall should try it sometime...

Azzy 06-05-2006 12:04 AM

You are lucky you still have eyes, dont expect a pair of goggles to stop a BB or pellet, not to mention the other dammage it could cost.

HurtCow 06-05-2006 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyer72
it was a pretty good thought at first but ...

Umm... no it wasn't. What exactly were (or weren't) you thinking? BB guns are intended for target/varmint shooting, not shooting at people. :scratch:

LUKE 06-05-2006 01:28 PM

Well, it was an attempt at the C3 contest. However, there's a contest better suited to this story, that includes annual honors and recognition.

Of course, I am referring to the Darwin Awards.

On a side note, I happened to catch a medical program on Discovery Health channel recently. (my wife is CAPTIVATED by those surgery shows.) Young fella had a BB permanently embedded in his body due to a similar "game". The doctors decided it was probably less risky to leave it in, due to it's close proximity to his spine, than to try and dig it out. Now that's just what I'd want...a BB stuck in my back the rest of my life.

mark 06-05-2006 04:38 PM

On a similar note to lukes story: My friend has a pellet in his foot. Its too clase to the mucsle to take out. He did this to himself though, hes kinds stupid.

badkarma 06-05-2006 05:40 PM

Boyer72, I will say that this is some of the best paintball players in the world in this and a couple other forums. The actions you described are unsafe, unintelligent, and borderline mental instability. Those actions will never be pursued by a member here, and if you feel the need to project your stupidity to the world, there is a place called pbn, you may even be recognized as a hero.
Safety first gang. And with the c-3 and now with co2 exchange, I am afraid we are going to see more incidents like the above described incidents.

kidneythief 06-05-2006 07:41 PM

Agreed. Definatly a moronic move on your part...

I have a cousin who no longer has a right eye from a pellet gun...I also have a friend who has trouble walking because he has a .177 cal copper BB lodged in the tendon on the back of his leg.

As stated before those BBs/pellets are made to kill small animals and WILL go straight through a lense.

p.s. this post will be left up mearly as a sort of public stoning...

-Jake

mark 06-06-2006 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=badkarma] Those actions will never be pursued by a member here, and if you feel the need to project your stupidity to the world, there is a place called pbn, you may even be recognized as a hero.
QUOTE]

Not even PBN is that stupid. They may be mostly opinionated children, but even they don't condone unsafe and stupid activities such as these.

c6quad 06-06-2006 12:57 PM

i agree that it is a totally stupid thing to do, but i'm sure there are plenty of people on these forums that have played BB gun wars when they were young and stupid.

Walking_Target 06-06-2006 01:08 PM

in case anybody was wondering, people like this are the ones who vote idiots into office