mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
So I'm cruising around the LAPCO forums

And I come across this:

http://www.lapco.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6235

You need to be registered to read it, so:

Quote:
whiter_shade_of_pale
Airsmith

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:47 am Post subject: FYI

We have started sending out orders. First Shipment of Ghosts went out today. Another shipment is going out towards the end of the week.

I am hoping to have something more formal today. Sorry guys I was sick most of last week and didn't get anything done that I wanted to.

I will be letting you guys no all the improvements/changes from the original Ghost and the prototypes.
THAT was originally Posted May 15th.

The rest of the thread is a lot of bickering and excuses... I never did read about anyone getting them.

I see ChefDave is a big advocate over there. Some of them seem to consider him a pain in the ***, but I see him as someone just trying to dig up the truth.

I'm torn as someone who is a HUGE LAPCO and Colin Thompson fan. I used to have a major addiction. I owned about 9 Grey Ghosts, and had 1 gun of each brand that LAPCO made, Including the Daystar, which was 1 of 6 guns made. So far I still have the only Daystar ever seen.

That being said. It makes me sad to see this happen. Anyhow.. Here's to things looking up. I'd like to get one of these guns.... Someday.

Or maybe I just feel left out with everyone else stirring up the pot. Seems like most of the people forget. Those complaining are the ones who WANT the gun and are willing to support the company. They just don't want to be strung along.

And many gave money already to some dealers, not to LAPCO, but to the dealers. Right or wrong thing to do, this is also why many are itching to get a gun in their hands.

That, and we love pump guns.
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
CHEERS!

I (and a few other mods at Lapco) went to bat for Chefdave.

The whole (Chefdave) incident is unfortunate, in my personal opinion.

Please... Don't lump ALL of us mods on the Lapco forum into the mob that did this to Chef.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I wish that sometimes companies would realize that admitting wrong is better than trying to cover it up and making those pointing it out look like the bad guys. I have been watching this from the beginning and many things simply don’t add up in my book. I am extremely disappointed in how LAPCO handled the whole thing.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

No offense to Brewtt but I think that the lapco forum is a joke, overall. I visited occasionally to chat with Colin Thompson regarding the old Ghost, for the most part. Lapco's handling of the new Ghost is nothing short of dysfunctional. That's a shame because Colin's reputation as the legendary creator of the well crafted Grey Ghost is being tarnished by association with the new management.
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Ha ha ha! ^^^^ No offense taken.

It's JUST a forum. There hasn't been real talk of the old Ghost there in a long time. Only thing worth discussing by Lapco for a LONG while there was just great barrels.

Now it's just a quirky little community... not unlike here or MCB.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT
No offense to Brewtt but I think that the lapco forum is a joke, overall. I visited occasionally to chat with Colin Thompson regarding the old Ghost, for the most part. Lapco's handling of the new Ghost is nothing short of dysfunctional. That's a shame because Colin's reputation as the legendary creator of the well crafted Grey Ghost is being tarnished by association with the new management.
Really? Do you know that for a fact? Do you know something none of the rest of us knows?

Simply put, for all anyone knows part of the problem may have been Colin himself. But it seems that camps are being formed and the dividing line is who they want to blame for the debacle. The key word is “want”.

I for one am unwilling to back one view over the other since I have not seen anything to support either view outright. But I would be willing to bet that like most things, the truth lies someplace in the middle. And I would warn folks to not jump to any conclusions.

As for the forum in general…. I have not posted on it in a LONG time. And the other day when I tried to log in, I couldn’t. And when I requested my password I got a message that said the e-mail account associated with my member name did not match what they had on record…. Yet I have had this same e-mail account for quite a long time. Odd.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley
I for one am unwilling to back one view over the other since I have not seen anything to support either view outright. But I would be willing to bet that like most things, the truth lies someplace in the middle. And I would warn folks to not jump to any conclusions.

Good advice. I have yet to form real opinions one way or the other because there just isn't enough info out there to do it. I, too, wish they would come clean and explain everything. All we can do is wait (more) and see what come to light down the road.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
There's a reason why I only hang out in the web dog forum on the lapco boards. Not NEARLY as much drama in there
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Ive pretty much been flammed and harrased everytime I attempt to get any new news on the Ghost or try to talk with Colin via the forums. I stopped going there and after the recent stuff with the ghost Ive pretty much just wrote off LAPCO.

Too many young know nothings trolling the Ghost/pump forum telling me that I know nothing about pump or the game ive been playing almost as long as they have been alive.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Dave took over after i got tired of hounding Lapco about their lies, and failure to provide solid information that they would stick to.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone