mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
TPX
Superfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
It would even be reasonable to allow a sub in for the "injured" player.
Coaches are reluctant to sub players because they are allowed a limited number of subs per game. It is part of their tactics to make the best use of their limited games.
TPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
It would obviously consist of a rule change on substitutions, but I guess that would be too obvious.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
^ So then whenever a team needs a free substitution, they just have the worn out player take a dive.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
^ So then whenever a team needs a free substitution, they just have the worn out player take a dive.

Are we going to argue non existent rules? Really?

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Old 07-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
i want to argue whether it was the chicken or the egg that came first, or was it the barrel or the paintball, what about fill or shell, hard drive or ram, pointy stick or club these are all thing that we can argue about

edit: velcor or abraham who was first

and i'm not trying to troll

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteer paintball View Post
i want to argue whether it was the chicken or the egg that came first, or was it the barrel or the paintball, what about fill or shell, hard drive or ram, pointy stick or club these are all thing that we can argue about

edit: velcor or abraham who was first

and i'm not trying to troll
Dude, you can't troll and then act like you're not trying to lol. At least attempt to stay on topic.

What you just did was like kicking someone in the balls and then trying to tell him you meant to throw a jab. Nice try though.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Simple, if your so injured the game has to stop for you your done for the game. Isn't that the rugby rule?
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Simple, if your so injured the game has to stop for you your done for the game. Isn't that the rugby rule?
there is no rule like that in rugby! I watched a player get his testical ripped open through stomping and keep on playing................
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
^^^
that guy has my applause thats bad a

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper15 View Post
i dont think they were saying make the other team down a guy,
That is exactly what I was suggesting. Faking injuries to draw fouls and/or cards is a cancer of the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
diving cost us (NZ) a shot at the world cup
NZ had a shot at the Cup; they made it to World Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPX View Post
Not all of the injuries are faked. Some "injuries" are just a player getting cleated or tripped. It hurts for a few seconds but you get over it.
In which case the player would be back up before play would be stopped. Play is stopped when the referee calls a foul, so unless the player's alleged injury requires more time to resolve than the time required to adjudicate the foul (and any related card), the player did not have the minor ding you suggest. If he/she did only have such a minor injury, he/she could easily be back up in the time the referee takes to adjudicate the foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPX View Post
the refs discretion
This I hate about soccer more than almost everything else combined. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I mean, I really hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
What are the rules for substitutions in rugby? I thought there were essentially unlimited substitutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteer paintball View Post
^^^
that guy has my applause thats bad a
There should be an entry on cracked.com for that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
It would obviously consist of a rule change on substitutions, but I guess that would be too obvious.
Not for my proposal. If the player can't make it back up before play would otherwise resume, the coach can chose to use on of the three allowed substitutions. Otherwise, the team of the player who was so grievously injured that play had to be stopped plays short for a while.

It may seem harsh on the team of an "innocently-injured player", but so does a PK for a handball in the box. If a player knows his or her team will play short for a while if he/she does not arise after a hard tackle, etc., he/she will be MUCH less likely to dive or embellish an injury in an effort to draw a foul or card on the other team. Drawing a simple foul just wouldn't be worth it most of the time. Drawing a yellow is questionable. On the other hand, if a player knows his/her team will play short if he/she can't return to play shortly, it gives the referee more information on how serious the contact was.*

custar

*And I realize not all contact, even that which results in a real injury, is a foul.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone