mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Positive pump rant....

Been playing quite a bit this spring, and I've been to a good number of scenerios/big games... I love being unemployed

This year, compared to any other year since I've started playing 7 years ago, I've seen more players playing pump at the local big games than at any other time.

Yesterday there was 30+ people playing with Phantoms alone at a 300 man game. 5 years ago when I started playing at that field I was often the only pumper there. My pump team was missing too which would have brought another 10 to 15 players.

At an epic 3 day scenerio a few weeks ago, there was up to 10 pumpers on the field at a time. 46 person game. 3 years ago I was the only one.

My local outlaw group is almost a pump group. Bunch of old schools mind you....

Strange things are a brewing.

Oh, and attitudes in general have greatly improved.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

economy goes down, pump goes up =D
Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I don't think it's all the economy. In 04-05ish, almost nobody around here was playing pump. I'm not really exaggerating when I say that it has exploded. Those who aren't playing pump are often picking up pistols, mag fed carbines like Tibs and Milsigs or running with pocket hoppers.

People see limited paint players having fun, not taking things too seriously and playing with good attitudes. Often, the guys with pumps and pistols are experienced enough to be effective without excessive firepower. It sets an example for others, and the good times spread.

Limited paint takes a certain kind of field, one with enough cover to avoid creating longball stalemates. I see alot of video from the US where fields are built wide open, with huge spaces from cover to cover. That's where you need a fast gun, and those are the fields I won't play.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

too bad my home field is just like that... very open, wide gaps... often i find myself in long ball situations with my phantom.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Limited paint is like the marijuana of paintball; Everyone just becomes so much more relaxed... its all giggles and smiles. No bonus balling pricks or people there just so they can lay paint on other people. Reasonable people who play paintball because its a nice way to get out and have fun.

Thats not saying that these sorts of people dont exsist on the non-limited paint side of paintball... its just, blowing your mouth off because you were hit off the break helps no one, getting hit off the break, finding the other person and telling him he made an awsome shot and laughing about it is what paintball is about....
3L1te hax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Limited paint is probably my favorite way to play. I love the feeling of walking onto a field with a handful of ten round tubes and a couple 12 grams.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
I've become somewhat of a "limited paint soup-Nazi" locally.

I thought I was the outlier but all of the posts above sum up why I only play limited paint, don't want to play on fields that don't support it or with players who don't get it.
unfortunately the people in south florida just don't get it... they feel the need to shoot a case+ every day... meanwhile I am there with 10 ten round tubes, my 13ci tnak and my phantom.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Back in the 90's I played on a team in Miami. This was when it was ranked PRO, Amateur A, and Amateur B. It was fun but when I left to the military for six years and returned, I wanted to get back into paintball with the great memories of the past.

Older and with a great job, I shopped around and got an expensive electro and became one of those paint laying idiots with unlimited paint, a great gun, and skills from the past. I caught myself not long ago, sold most of the gun colection that I had and bought some pumps. I bought my 13 year old nephew an azodin pump and both he and I wouldnt play semi again.

I started playing pump in the 90's and had a blast till everything became expensive, fast, and scary for new players. If you dont try pump or limited paint you are missing out on what true paintball was about and should still be...."FUN"

PS: By the way I have a couple of pumps still for sale!
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
Back in the 90's I played on a team in Miami. This was when it was ranked PRO, Amateur A, and Amateur B. It was fun but when I left to the military for six years and returned, I wanted to get back into paintball with the great memories of the past.

Older and with a great job, I shopped around and got an expensive electro and became one of those paint laying idiots with unlimited paint, a great gun, and skills from the past. I caught myself not long ago, sold most of the gun colection that I had and bought some pumps. I bought my 13 year old nephew an azodin pump and both he and I wouldnt play semi again.

I started playing pump in the 90's and had a blast till everything became expensive, fast, and scary for new players. If you dont try pump or limited paint you are missing out on what true paintball was about and should still be...."FUN"

PS: By the way I have a couple of pumps still for sale!
hey Gunz, are you still located in miami/southern florida? We should hit up some fields some time and pump it up.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I wish I was still in Miami, I am protecting the southwest border of our country in Texas. I would kill for a "Pan con Bistec" or real "Cafe con leche". That is really cool that FIU has a paintball team.

You are lucky, there is no Pump Paintball here in Laredo, Texas. I am trying to start something here and show people the light. Paintball in general is new here, but I am trying to get transfered back to miami, if I do I will hit you up to play some pump.
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone