mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poe
Banned

PTx Full Auto options?

If I wanted to make a PTx (blow back) full auto at 8bps, what are my options? I see places selling electronic frames. Does anyone know of a significantly cheaper non-electric equivalent? Something bolt-on and less involved than a cocker's pneumatics.

Additionally I don't really care if it can't be switched back to semi-auto in-game.
Poe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I remember a mod from a Black Dragun frame...I'm sure any cheap spyder frame should work with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lazy Longballer

Send a message via AIM to Niterocker

I'm guessing an electro frame off of a Rebel would work. If anything is going to do the job with little or no mods, that will be your guy.

That said, I don't think it's going to work the way you might think it will work. I don't know that the highly restrictive gas lines in the PTX will give the gas enough time to expand between shots. This means that you can expect velocity even lower than normal with lots of shootdown.

Based on my personal experience, I think your best bet to make a pistol that will zip out a tube-load in full auto would be a PMI USP with a Piranha frame.

-Keith
(hajkowski@aol.com)

My wife said she felt nauseous. I told her not to be so hard on herself.

Last edited by Niterocker; 07-06-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Niterocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Poe
Banned

Good call on the shootdown. They already have electronic frames shooting 10+bps. They only needed modified slightly to breath at that rate.

My main problem is the batteries. I'm really just looking for something mechanical or pneumatic to limit the ROF. Has anyone made anything similar for a Tippmann or Spyder?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

PTX's have 'external' gas passages, and could very easily be modded to supply gas at the Rate Of Fire required. It's only got a 10 round clip mind you, so it's not like you'll be unleashing a five-second burst.
Most blow-backs can handle 30 BPS as a rule, but if you're going to feed gas with a twelve gram, you will get 'shoot-down', but would it matter with only 10 rounds?
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

When I get home I'll try and dig up the electro frame mod write up I found a few years ago. It didn't have a problem shooting 10bps, the spring feed keeps up easy. The only problem is, you're out of paint in a second

I'll try and post up about it later tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to wanderlustre

Honestly a USP and Pirahna electro frame would be your best bet.
wanderlustre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe View Post
My main problem is the batteries. I'm really just looking for something mechanical or pneumatic to limit the ROF. Has anyone made anything similar for a Tippmann or Spyder?
the problem with making a stacked tubed mech full auto is that the only way to do it is to modify the trigger/sear internals. but this means that it will cycle at about 30-40cps, much faster than your spring feed will feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poe
Banned

Thank you all for your feedback.

My posts might not have been very clear though.

I currently have over ten PTx markers. Five have various electronic frames (two designed/built/programmed by me) and work very well in excess of 10bps. Three of those five have modified valves as a result of testing various magazine prototypes at high bps rates. They all now have custom 10x5 round magazines.

All of the PTx markers were purchased (by me) so my friends and I could play paintball cheaply. Honestly we also just really prefer the tight feel of small mag fed semi auto markers. It's been great fun. Unfortunately our pain threshold has exceeded our common sense. We now prefer to only use the electronic frames at full auto around 10-8bps.

I would rather use a mechanical solution instead of purchase five more electronic frames if there is one. Batteries are another problem. Although we don't fire much paint, these markers are used by many many people and the batteries never last.

A pneumatic solution might work, but air is already in short supply on these markers.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustre View Post
Honestly a USP and Pirahna electro frame would be your best bet.
Except that Piranha frames have a curved mounting surface where a PTX has a flat one.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone