mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Is there any way you can get a membership to reduce your costs? I play frequently and I can't imagine paying that much. I have a membership that comps my field fee, I pay $5 for a fill, and I bring a bag of paint I bought at the shop for $15 that might last me a day and a half to two days of play.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Yeah, I think you need to play stock class more Becc or at least shoot less paint.... You can take a lot of the $100 rec days down to about $25 bucks easily if not more.

Only play open class when doing a tourney or special event?

Second job?

Play outlaw?

Heck my average playing day rarely cost me $25 bucks at worst. Outlaw ball is even less, maybe like $10 bucks at worst.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

It adds up, doesn't it? When I was into airball a few years ago, playing every weekend, I spent about $115 a day for admission, air, and 2 cases of paint. I had the same goal to get into competitive paintball with a competitive team and win a tournament.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It definitely adds up, which is why I try to play pump as much as possible. When I think about playing speedball, it's fun, but such a waste of paint because you only need one ball to shoot out a player yet you're spraying 10bps for 2minutes. Now I only play rec because it's laid back, fun and I blow through less paint. I'm the guy that sees coins flying out of my barrel.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

There will be a time in your life you'll look back fondly on being able to play 3 times a week, every week. Do it. Love it. Don't regret it. Shoot less where you can, and pack your water/food to games to save a few bucks here and there. You're 17, growing up can wait.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Join the National Guard. They'll pay for 45k of your college, and you'll still knock down enough to spend your fair share (and probably someone else's) on paintball. I'm not a recruiter, and I only spent 5 years in the Marines, but they were among my best. You'd also be amazed at some of the jobs available. You could literally do anything.

My feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
I claim bull****

I'll try to sum it up.
Go to college. Work hard in college and get excellent grades. As soon as college is done, look for the possibility of more college (bachelors depending on what you initially went for, then masters, maybe more?). Get out of that and slave at work for a year or more. Then ball.
I've been playing ball a looonnngggg time. I'm not even gonna think hard about saying how much I've spent in the sport. It's easily more than 10,000 or more. That being said, I hate myself for spending so much. Would I go back and do it differently? **** no.
This sport brings many people from around the world close. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I plan to play as long as I live. Realistically, I might quit for a time but that's only when I'm dying for cash.
I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or anything. I have priorities in life. Paintball is a low priority but it's still something that I like to set aside some money for.

No more depressing talks!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Wow.

My monthly paintball expenditures are something like this:

$0 - $700 buying markers and/or gear.

Per day of play at real field:
$30 for fuel both ways (closest field is 2hrs away)
$10 entry
$15 bag of paint

Which makes $55/day.

Per day of play at outlaw field:
$5 for fuel both ways - 10-30 min away.
$15 bag of paint
$5 air fills at local shop - 2x 3.5 ounces.
total of $25, but I try to bring a friend who I charge about 150% on paint/air and ask for a couple bucks for fuel, so that makes up for a little bit of it.

Albeit I play once every other month at best, once every two or three months at worst. I'm trying to get 12 days of play in for 2010, thus far I'm up to 5, so only 2 months behind, and I plan on playing later this month.

Tips and tricks to save money:

Bring food. I'm not a little guy, and I eat a LOT, but a powerbar (I like the Protein Plus kind with 23g protein.) and a bottle or three of powerade last me all day, then I can get something on the way home.

Play limited paint! The only hopper I own is a WInchester - need to get a couple APP hoppers though. Other than that it's either SC or stick feeds. I use about 150-300 rounds of paint for a whole 8-5 day of play, depending on the game format - outlaw I'll use a little less because I'm usually reffing, big games a little more sometimes. Focus on moving instead of shooting, and only take shots you know you can hit.
I know they make stock class feeds for the T2 as well.

See if you can get a field discount since you're there all the time and since you're Becc. I'm sure they'd trade for some stickers or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Last time she had to play limited paint she cried about it.

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccolter View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone, its appreciated.

Excellent plan, dear fellow

Excellent point. I know that I would be bored out of my skull without paintball, and have far fewer friends. I know that I would find another hobby which may not be quite as expensive, but probably would still eat a large chunk of my money.

I'm spending so much money now because I'm trying to get into competitive paintball... aka NPPL 5man unlimited paint pump. I think it's important to have goals in life, and this is one of my goals. I don't want to give it up just to save money. That said, i wish there were larger competitions that cost less money
While fun, paintball will not pay the bills later in life. Scratch the competition and just play recball until later in life when you can actually afford it.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone